Centuries while chasing 300 or more in an ODI

How can one forget Sourav's century against Pakistan in Dacca during 98/ 99 series, that too in the all important final? That was one of the best if not the best ODI innings from him. Also, Fleming's innings against SA in the WC2003 is one of the most underrated ODI innings. He was just terrific on that day especially his cuts were sheer joy to watch. Agreed, he was dropped by Boucher when he was on 20 or so but boy he utilized his chance to the fullest. At one point of time Donald was cheered by the Jo'burg faithfuls for bowling dot balls. Incredible innings it was even though the match was curtailed due to rain.

How can one forget Sourav's century against Pakistan in Dacca during 98/ 99 series, that too in the all important final? That was one of the best if not the best ODI innings from him. Also, Fleming's innings against SA in the WC2003 is one of the most underrated ODI innings. He was just terrific on that day especially his cuts were sheer joy to watch. Agreed, he was dropped by Boucher when he was on 20 or so but boy he utilized his chance to the fullest. At one point of time Donald was cheered by the Jo'burg faithfuls for bowling dot balls. Incredible innings it was even though the match was curtailed due to rain.
Flemings innings was superb, I don't think its underrated, we as Indian fans tend to look at innings played by Indian players. But I remember at the time when he hit it, everyone rated it extremely highly
Flemings innings was superb' date=' I don't think its underrated, we as [b']Indian fans tend to look at innings played by Indian players. But I remember at the time when he hit it, everyone rated it extremely highly
Yeah that's right but then people pointed out Gibbs', YK's, Ponting's, etc, everyone missed Flem's hence I pointed out. Even today when people talk about great innings played over the years you will see people mention Sachin's desert storm centuries, his 90+ against Pak in WC'03, RP's in final WC'03, Gilly's in WC'07, etc and righly so but Fleming's innings deserves mention here and there. Don't get me wrong I am not saying his innings was as good/ better than Sachin's or Gilly's but certainly it will be in my top 20 innings of all time.