Black Friday

kabira

I just finished watching this movie. The movie really disturbed me. The Bombay blasts could have been stopped, but Police did not take it serously. Even after overwhelming evidences, Indian diplomacy did nothing to bring back Tiger Memon. And it took 13 years, to finally sentence the guilty ones. I really don't understand why there was teh delay. The case was straightforward. Is it really true that Dawood offered to surrender on certain conditions? If so, indian govt. should have agreed to him and once he is in India, we could have killed him thru fake encounter. I am so pissed at the Government.

I just finished watching this movie. The movie really disturbed me. The Bombay blasts could have been stopped, but Police did not take it serously. Even after overwhelming evidences, Indian diplomacy did nothing to bring back Tiger Memon. And it took 13 years, to finally sentence the guilty ones. I really don't understand why there was teh delay. The case was straightforward. Is it really true that Dawood offered to surrender on certain conditions? If so, indian govt. should have agreed to him and once he is in India, we could have killed him thru fake encounter. I am so pissed at the Government.
Incompetence, complacency, corruption and dishonesty always come to a tripping point where something like a '93 happens. I believe the Indian society and our shortcomings contributed to '93 as much as the hated villains did. Evidently '93 was not enough for us to wake up and grow a pair, there have been many more blasts and in stead of strengthening our defenses and bringing the guilty to justice, we are doing what we do best- we are getting used to it. Anti-social elements exist in every society. They would do bad things when they get the opportunity. There is nothing new to it, happens all around the world. The question is, do we help them set the stage or do we make it difficult for them? We have a system that can be penetrated and worse, that can be taken for granted. One positive that came out of '93 is that Mumbai police grew a pair and rid the city of the dreaded underworld. However, they still remain poorly equipped and intelligence is only street smart.

yes quite right. In the movie it was funny to see our police chasing the criminal. They had no guns to shoot him in the foot. It was crazy to see them chase this guy for quite long time. As far as I know police have informers and they have a way find out about this things. But do they do anything to stop, we don't know