Desi morality

Guest Gunner

Desi morality  

1. 1.

:alienbooty: A long time ago, while travelling from Delhi to Guwahati on Rajdhani express, I heard a Bihari man say, "Verginity" is not dignity, it is lack of opportunity :hehe: true dat.
very similar thing - once we went to pondicherry where beer is available for less than half the rate found in Chennai. Over there students drink everyday... whereas we used to drink only during weekends. So its the availability (in this case of cheap alcohol) which decides your status (in this case regular drinker or not).

:alienbooty: A long time ago, while travelling from Delhi to Guwahati on Rajdhani express, I heard a Bihari man say, "Verginity" is not dignity, it is lack of opportunity :hehe: true dat.
:two_thumbs_up:
thats really well said anon!! and i am of the opinion that even when pre marital sex does happen with desi women its more "making love" than "recreational"
hey CG, been a long time. I agree. just look at it from a common Indian's perspectve. well I can give the example of my grandpa, a conservative man who thought watching tV or cinema was taboo as it ruined desi moralities. Now he watches cable television courtesy adamant grandchildren who wanted to watch nickelodeon/cartoon network at any cost while on vacation and my grandpa was slowly hooked. he is so obsessed that he never misses his favorite TV shows. Its all about opportunities and exposure to the world at large. Most of our morally pure people are people who refuse to acknowledge changing sensibilities and education.

We do what we can to keep ourselves happy and free of guilt.
As honest as it can get :). Love it. :hatsoff:
CG aunty who is priya rai?
:blink::blink:
i'm not suggesting that but it is acceptable for desi women to sleep around? (forget the before marriage concept thats idea is exhausted) is the idea of not having one night stands such a backward idea?
It is acceptable for anyone to sleep around. How can we even begin to think about controlling what other people do with their own bodies while not hurting anyone? There is no backward or forward here. Who decides these things? Forward, backward, moral, immoral - all labels. These are all stemming from a place of lack. Not from a place of abundance. As pk (:finger:) pointed out, it is all opportunity. Once upon a time, a dude that couldn't get laid made dilly-dallying around haraam and now we are here.
Excellent question' date=' let me try to explain myself. If a person views sex as a purely recreational activity (i.e, roams the night clubs every night looking for some action or frequently pays a visit to the local ‘red-light’ area), I don’t see how there’s any difference between him and say a drug addict or an alcohol addict. After all, both of them are just succumbing uncontrollably to their temptations. Only difference is the pleasure they derive from those activities are slightly different. And what sets apart humans from animals is our ability to show restraint. And from an ideological point of view, I believe there’s great joy satisfaction to be found through restraint. Thus, I said what I said.[/quote'] There is an inordinate amount of rationing put on human pleasure. Why should doing something that makes you feel good make you feel guilty? Why is it "right" to sacrifice pleasure? What has it achieved other than a stroking of the ego that you are "better than other people"? Why should you resist what comes so easily? You have taken the issue of a person sleeping around and experimenting with an addict. I dont know enough about addiction to comment on that.
and the rest of the thread
People have brought up that making love is much more better than having sex. No argument. Love secretes hormones and good-feeling juices that make the whole experience different and wonderful. This can also happen if you try anal or oral or anything else that could get you off. I don't expect to marry a virgin and she shouldn't either. :wink: I mean, cmon! How can people expect to settle down with the first guy/gal u slept with? What if it is not a good fit? (all puns intended) So, coming from that view, why is it "wrong" for a person to sleep around and try to find what best makes them tick? I am definitely not saying that people who choose to stay together and not cheat on each other are missing out on life. Heck no. I have actually been there, when other girls, however appealing just didn't stir me enough to make the leap. Fidelity can work. But, should it define the entire relationship? Next topic: Open Relationships. :--D p.s. gunner bava is just like moi :woot: