Past (Indian) Coaches

sangrock

Can anyone please list the past Indian cricket team coaches. I couldn't find it online :(( This is the list i came up with - 1992 - 1996 Ajit Wadekar 1996 - 1996 Sandeep Patil 1996 - 1997 Madan Lal 1997 - 1999 Anshuman Gaekwad Kapil Dev Anshuman Gaekwad 2000 - 2005 John Wright 2005 - 2007 Greg Chappell 2008 - present Gary Kirsten Please correct me if I'm wrong. Australia have had only 3 coaches - 1996 - 1999 Geoff Marsh 1999 - 2007 John Buchanan 2007 - Now Tim Nielsen SA - Ray Jennings Mickey Arthur I am surprised that cricket teams did not have a coach in the earlier decades (or did they?)

Who was the guy was who our coach+trainer+manager immediately following Guru Greg’s exit? He essentially managed the entire team, along with Robin Singh and Prasad for quite a while. He was our lucky mascot and we won quite a few series with him being around, including the WC T20. And apart from John Wright, we had dreadful times under most of our past coaches. Wadekar and Patil were ordinary. Lal had a great start (we won the first four ODI tournaments we played under name, all of ‘em co-incidentally named the Coca-Cola cup), but went downhill fast. Kapil was a disaster, while Gaekwad had his comments. The less said bout the ‘The Guru’, the better.

Who was the guy was who our coach+trainer+manager immediately following Guru Greg’s exit? He essentially managed the entire team, along with Robin Singh and Prasad for quite a while. He was our lucky mascot and we won quite a few series with him being around, including the WC T20. And apart from John Wright, we had dreadful times under most of our past coaches. Wadekar and Patil were ordinary. Lal had a great start (we won the first four ODI tournaments we played under name, all of ‘em co-incidentally named the Coca-Cola cup), but went downhill fast. Kapil was a disaster, while Gaekwad had his comments. The less said bout the ‘The Guru’, the better.
Lalu ( Lalchand) Rajput . But he was treated shabbily when he applied for the position of assistant coach ( to Kirsten ). I wonder what Robin Singh and Venky are still doing with the team, then.

Prior to Wadekar, it was Bedi of the dump the entire team in the Indian Ocean fame. But the concept of a "coach" as such is a relatively new one in cricket. Prior to Marsh for Australia, there was Bobby Simpson and the concept of a coach basically started from there. Teams used to have a manger responsible in bits and parts of organizing sessions, strategizing etc. Even till as late as Bedi, Wadekar, Patil I don't think they were designated coaches.

Lalu ( Lalchand) Rajput . But he was treated shabbily when he applied for the position of assistant coach ( to Kirsten ). I wonder what Robin Singh and Venky are still doing with the team, then.
Who knows, maybe he just wasn’t good enough. He had his moment under the sun, he will reap the benefits of it for the rest of his life.
Who knows' date=' maybe he just wasn’t good enough. He had his moment under the sun, he will reap the benefits of it for the rest of his life.[/quote'] MAYBE! He was coach of MI in IPL-1. I still suspect that he was ousted on being an Indian and too ego-full dressing room. I don't appreciate the work culture of Indian team. Although MSD has tried to change that.