Bipasha groped in Puja Pandal

mhr123

The other day' date=' on the Ganpati visarjan (when the idols are drowned in water) day, I walked out in the evening to get somethings from a nearby shop as they had stopped all home deliveries because of the processions. What I saw was shocking. The police had reserved almost 70% of most roads for the processions. And inside that, under heavy police security was a mob of heavily drunk idiots dancing like crazy. As far as I could see, not a single one seemed to be in senses. That was so annoying. Loud filmy music with some vulgar dancing. There were girls in there as well who were equally drunk not bothering who was groping. And the police was giving them protection because it was a "religious act".[/quote'] Damn! How did things go so wrong? Its a shame that nothing is being done about it. Awareness of the issue needs to be raised. I believe its Bipasha's duty to really make a big fuss about this. Being a celebrity, she can easily get a message out there. This is an issue that needs to be adressed.

As long as we keep suppressing the natural sexual desires of people in our society, it will go on. Kill the "vergin" concept and everything will be alright.

As long as we keep suppressing the natural sexual desires of people in our society' date=' it will go on. Kill the "vergin" concept and everything will be alright.[/quote'] I agree that there should be more openness about sex .. it is possible through change of social acceptance of sex by proper sexual education .. but at the same time I do not want complete nudity to be prevalent in India like in the West... We should retain our customs while relaxing a bit on the attitude towards sex .. frankly speaking it is changing nowadays especially in the last few years .. I just hope that naturism does not come to India because that would result in corrupting the mind of the kids at an age when education is more important for them

There are people worse than those who grope, molest or pass dirty remarks. I know the small town mentality. If a girl ever makes a big issue of such things (say goes to police or court), people would treat her as if she has been raped. Then slowly she will be treated like a ****. People would talk how she must have lured the boys with short clothes and make up. He and her sisters' marriages will become a headache for the family. Women would taunt her family on every available opportunity- the same women go through this torture themselves everyday.

There are people worse than those who grope' date=' molest or pass dirty remarks. I know the small town mentality. [b']If a girl ever makes a big issue of such things (say goes to police or court), people would treat her as if she has been raped. Then slowly she will be treated like a ****. People would talk how she must have lured the boys with short clothes and make up. He and her sisters' marriages will become a headache for the family. Women would taunt her family on every available opportunity- the same women go through this torture themselves everyday.
That is why I said there should be openness about sex in our society now but at the same time naturism should not come to India as this would lead to corrupting of young kids and diverting their minds from education for which we are so reknowned

That is why I said there should be openness about sex in our society now but at the same time naturism should not come to India as this would lead to corrupting of young kids and diverting their minds from education for which we are so reknowned
This is already happening, accepting sexuality is not going to make it better or worse. I don't fully agree that people in the west have no morality. It is just a different set of values.

This is already happening' date=' accepting sexuality is not going to make it better or worse. I don't fully agree that people in the west have no morality. It is just a different set of values.[/quote'] I agree but I hope you know what naturism is and that is surely not acceptable as it has not benefited anybody anywhere in the world :hatsoff:

I agree that there should be more openness about sex .. it is possible through change of social acceptance of sex by proper sexual education .. but at the same time I do not want complete nudity to be prevalent in India like in the West... We should retain our customs while relaxing a bit on the attitude towards sex .. frankly speaking it is changing nowadays especially in the last few years .. I just hope that naturism does not come to India because that would result in corrupting the mind of the kids at an age when education is more important for them
Sometimes I wonder, is this really our true customs, culture? Were Indians always this conservative to begin with? I feel that there might have been a mighty influence of Islam on the Indian culture. An inferiority complex led the common man to have a conservative approach toward sex. Ancient India was more liberal towards sex than Modern India will ever be.

That can't be helped. When the bloody hormones start flowing, nothing else captures the mind as much as sex. And in my experience, the more you try to suppress this, the more it comes out in a twisted form.

Sometimes I wonder' date=' is this really our true customs, culture? Were Indians always this conservative to begin with? I feel that there might have been a mighty influence of Islam on the Indian culture. An inferiority complex led the common man to have a conservative approach toward sex. Ancient India was more liberal towards sex than Modern India will ever be.[/quote'] That's a lot of speculation.

Sometimes I wonder' date=' is this really our true customs, culture? Were Indians always this conservative to begin with? I feel that there might have been a mighty influence of Islam on the Indian culture. An inferiority complex led the common man to have a conservative approach toward sex. Ancient India was more liberal towards sex than Modern India will ever be.[/quote'] i am not sure which portion of Islam are u talking abt. there is no conservative approach to sex while Islam is concerned . Islam discusses sex in great details, but yes there are certain prohibition which has to be dealt with on case to case basis.

I don't see much sense in that' date=' TBH. Besides, Islam is not as bad a religion as you are projecting it that everything that comes in contact with it gets corrupt.[/quote'] Look at the literature, the architecture. This can't be from a conservative culture. Hold on, I never said Islam is corrupt. Islam has always been conservative, now I am not saying its wrong. Its just that every culture has its positives and its negatives. I am not accusing Islam, if at all I am accusing the Hindus for being insecured about themselves.