ODIs get more viewers than domestic 20/20 CL

Celeste

Jealousy more than anything else Hailing from a country no one wants to tour, supporting a team nobody cares about, it burns you inside to see India do so well, doesn't it ? Hence, you lot come up with these l@me ar5.e excuses to show why the IPL / CT is a flop. Comparing an India - Pak match at the ICC level to a domestic t20 tournament ? Give me a break ? The only mob who attend your t20 domestic tournaments are those Lal Masjid mullahs hiding in burqa's :hehe:

i would say CL has got good response till now .. atleast better than Pak home seires a while back where even the staff was not interested to move the sight screen .. it was empty stands the Pakis were playing to .. u should be worried more about that .. coming back to low TRP .. i am wondering if the chatterbox Harsha Bhogle got anything to do .. :headscratch: he is sounding a little bit irritating to my liking these days ..

NZ were asking even more money than UAE & Abu Dhabi. BTW' date=' this is Pakistan home series and PCB will decide where to host it.:winky:[/quote'] OK let me trying to explain in simpler terms If NZ asked for $500K, and if the matches churned out $700K, you still make $200K and split it with NZ. You go home with $100K If UAE asks for $400K but the matches end up making $200K, what did you get? BTW -- NZ might have asked more money as Hosting Fee, but I am sure Player Accomodation, Security Fee etc etc is far far more in UAE than in NZ -- this is exactly what happened in Aus series when PCB was caught off guard when UAE sent them a bill for 3 Mil USD. Personal Opinion -- why PCB chose UAE over NZ was they wanted to host the ODIs in a 'Muslim' (supposedely friendly nation) to salvage some pride --or whatever is left there of. It has nothing to do with Economics.

This is the amap website http://www.audiencemap.com/ It is mentioned only a TRP of 3.7 in the Ind-Pak match. I dont know how that is mentioned 6.2 in the article when it is mentioned in the amap website itself. Rest of the matches were just above 1. I dont have any confirmation of the CL T20 matches as it is not mentioned. IPL 2 archives are still there and most matches had a TRP rating of more than 3.

This is the amap website http://www.audiencemap.com/ It is mentioned only a TRP of 3.7 in the Ind-Pak match. I dont know how that is mentioned 6.2 in the article when it is mentioned in the amap website itself. Rest of the matches were just above 1. I dont have any confirmation of the CL T20 matches as it is not mentioned. IPL 2 archives are still there and most matches had a TRP rating of more than 3.
I think Amap there only counts DD1 numbers..not sure, but it says 5.0 on Star Cricket here : http://www.indiantelevision.com/tvr/telemeter/indexteltam.php4?ch=''&startperiod=20/09/2009&endperiod=26/09/2009

From Amap, however it takes the numbers, it is clear that T20 WC matches including India are around the same numbers as IPL. One match in the T20 WC has very high numbers and around the same as IPL2 finals, rest are around the same as best days of IPL2. Champions trophy numbers are on an average same as that of IPL league games. This means that IPL is a huge hit is currently the #1 tournament. The numbers are similar but IPL is broadcasted everyday for 60 days while the other games are just a few times in a tournament (only India games).

Champions trophy numbers are on an average same as that of IPL league games.
How did you get that? Champs Trophy, non India matches, are scoring at an avg of 22 million viewers on DD alone (going by REACH numbers on Amap). T20 WC 2009 matches are scoring some 5-10 million more when Start Sports and DD numbers are combined. For IPL it doesn't say if the numbers came from DD or others but the reach is around 11 million.

This is India numbers , so comparing non-india games brings down the numbers. I am talking about the ratings and not reach. I am guessing that reach is the number of people who watched sometime in the 8 hours the game but not necessarily the people who saw the full game or something like that. I dont think IPL was broadcasted in DD, so the numbers are only from a cable channel. So that is probably why the reach is different but rating are same for IPL and T20 WC. Anyway, i was only talking about ratings and not reach.