Nehra is awful and should not be anywere near Indian team

Id like to see how Nehras figures in matches from the CT compare to Zak, Praveen, Ishant Nehras height means he can get more bounce and pace off a wicket than PK who is a bit more reliant on the conditions. Though PK is a pretty economical bowler Sree is a good wicket taking bowler but has thus far been a bit expensive in ODIs, and Nehra I think is more likely to concede less. But id agree Santh should be in there ahead of Ishant for sure. Pathan NEEDS the new ball and good swinging bowling Dont know about Tyagi and Dinda but they should be given a run- they seem like bowlers who get good nip (being indian thatll last for about 6 months)- and theyre in the squad so they will get their chances soon.

The usual opportunistic/shameless strategy. Bump the thread when other pacers do well or Nehra is missing' date=' stay silent when everyone is pathetic. :laugh:[/quote'] illai Sriram i truly feel that Nehra should stay away from our squad. KT might have bumped this too early but i agree with him on the overall topic that Nehra is avg at his best and just because all the other bowlers are bowling crap it doesn mean that we have to stick with him. Its better to try out some other young prospect than Nehra, its not like he is a super talent that we will be missing or something you know. I had mentioned this earlier and i am reiterating it now as well, Nehra can only play as a reserve bowler as in when all the main bowlers are injured or taking a rest or something. If Nehra is being considered as our main bowler it is really pathetic to say the least. There has been countless posts with stats showing that he has been better than the most since his comeback but as i stated above since others are bowling crap he is being made to look good but even then its not like he is giving 4 RPO and taking 2 wickets per match. Ishant(in form), Sree and Zak would be my ideal bowling combination if not i would have Irfan in place of Ishant or i would give Tyagi an extended run instead of trying Nehra.
illai Sriram i truly feel that Nehra should stay away from our squad. KT might have bumped this too early but i agree with him on the overall topic that Nehra is avg at his best and just because all the other bowlers are bowling crap it doesn mean that we have to stick with him. Its better to try out some other young prospect than Nehra, its not like he is a super talent that we will be missing or something you know. I had mentioned this earlier and i am reiterating it now as well, Nehra can only play as a reserve bowler as in when all the main bowlers are injured or taking a rest or something. If Nehra is being considered as our main bowler it is really pathetic to say the least. There has been countless posts with stats showing that he has been better than the most since his comeback but as i stated above since others are bowling crap he is being made to look good but even then its not like he is giving 4 RPO and taking 2 wickets per match. Ishant(in form), Sree and Zak would be my ideal bowling combination if not i would have Irfan in place of Ishant or i would give Tyagi an extended run instead of trying Nehra.
Whether Nehra deserves a place in the side or not, that is something I am entirely prepared to debate. I agree that at the moment, Nehra's place in the side is a bit dodgy because 1)Sreesanth is fit and again 2)Nehra's fielding is so appalling. I was just referring to the utter shameless way in which Dsr choses to bump this thread when things go well for him (or should I say, poorly for Nehra :haha:) and maintains a monk-like silence when they dont. Remember the times he used to bump the thread with 'Nehra went for 1 RPO more than other Indian bowlers..':laugh:
Without Nehra our pacers deliver best performance in ages in odis. Mere coincidnce:--D It shows to all his loyal fans which of many there are, that India can take to the odi field without Mr Nehra. And put to bed the myth of his fans that although he is poor there is simply no one else!
Maybe the same can be said about Harbhajan. Mishra smoked him today. :winky:

I was extremely happy to see Mishras bowling figures today. Bhajji has been bowling crap for so long and just because there is no one to replace him he does not feel threatened and keeps bowling the same crap every match. Hope Mishra can produce more of these performances regularly it will atleast keep Bhajji on his toes if not replace him.

I was extremely happy to see Mishras bowling figures today. Bhajji has been bowling crap for so long and just because there is no one to replace him he does not feel threatened and keeps bowling the same crap every match. Hope Mishra can produce more of these performances regularly it will atleast keep Bhajji on his toes if not replace him.
And when was the last time Bhajji came into bowl with the opposition at 50/3:winky:
Whether Nehra deserves a place in the side or not' date= that is something I am entirely prepared to debate. I agree that at the moment, Nehra's place in the side is a bit dodgy because 1)Sreesanth is fit and again 2)Nehra's fielding is so appalling. I was just referring to the utter shameless way in which Dsr choses to bump this thread when things go well for him (or should I say, poorly for Nehra :haha:) and maintains a monk-like silence when they dont. Remember the times he used to bump the thread with 'Nehra went for 1 RPO more than other Indian bowlers..':laugh:
Really!!! Look like you changed your tune, you are flip flopping here. Previously you posted many posts singing his praises and slamming me for saying he should be dropped. Seems like you are eating humble pie here
Really!!! Look like you changed your tune' date=' you are flip flopping here. Previously you posted many posts singing his praises and slamming me for saying he should be dropped. Seems like you are eating humble pie here[/quote'] Really? when did i ever say the subject of Nehra's, or for that matter any other cricketer's place was something i am not prepared to even debate? What my stance in the debate obviously was contingent upon that player's form/performance. Isnt that how its supposed to be? :laugh: I am not a hater like you dude. If someone's doing justifiably well, I support him. If he isnt, I dont. Am certainly not a blind supporter/hater like you though. About the time you opened the thread, actively campaigning for Nehra to be dropped, he was our best pacer since he had made his comeback into the team. There are numbers to show that. :winky: If changing the support for a certain player based on form and performance means 'eating humble pie' in your dictionary, then so be it. :haha:
Humble pie.. :laugh: I am not a hater like you dude. If someone's doing justifiably well, I support him. If he isnt, I dont. Am certainly not a blind supporter/hater like you though. About the time you opened the thread, actively campaigning for Nehra to be dropped, he was our best pacer since he had made his comeback into the team. There are numbers to show that. :winky: If changing the support for a certain player based on form and performance means 'eating humble pie' in your dictionary, then so be it. :haha:
That shows my foresight and ability to see beyond stats unlike the number cruncher you sometimes are. He is awful and is provong it is. At least admit he has been poor since champions trophy, admit that!
I am not a hater like you dude. If someone's doing justifiably well, I support him. If he isnt, I dont. Am certainly not a blind supporter/hater like you though. About the time you opened the thread, actively campaigning for Nehra to be dropped, he was our best pacer since he had made his comeback into the team. There are numbers to show that. :winky:
doesn't really mean much thoguh doesn't it ?
CT against Pakistan and ensured we got kicked out of the tournament. :laugh:
My mistake! SHould have said when was the last time Bhajji cameinto bowl with the oppsititon at 70/5 :--D Anyways , am happy to see Mishra doing well. That should send a message to Bhajji that there's no guarantee that his place is secure in the team forever.