Nehra is awful and should not be anywere near Indian team

What a pity' date=' we have a beautiful dry pitch tailor made for spinners and here we are playing three seamers in spite of past experiences where we cannot defend 330 with the help of three seamers. At last we thought Captain got it right, but now he has a brain fart i[/quote'] +++
^:agree: I want Ashwin ahead of Munna for the finals Tough call, but if I were the captain, I will take it.
no way 2 spinners v Lanka.they'll spank Ashwin just like they did with Swann n McCullum.Munaf has done nothing wrong
Nehra showed his experience n class n people were dissing n suggesting Sree over him. Come on KT,praise the guy for once
What experience and class?To be honest we were facing the worst batting lineup in the top 6 teams of the world on a slow pitch,It was pitch which suited medium pace trundlers we are not going to play on such wickets in mumbai,It was a shocking mistake to get him over ashwin and repeating the mistake will cost the world cup. He will be hammered by srilankans if he plays as their top order has some class.The guy Does not play Domestic cricket and plays international matches for practice ,laughs after misfielding and getting hit ,he is a disgrace nothing more.
What experience and class?To be honest we were facing the worst batting lineup in the top 6 teams of the world on a slow pitch,It was pitch which suited medium pace trundlers we are not going to play on such wickets in mumbai,It was a shocking mistake to get him over ashwin and repeating the mistake will cost the world cup. He will be hammered by srilankans if he plays as their top order has some class.The guy Does not play Domestic cricket and plays international matches for practice ,laughs after misfielding and getting hit ,he is a disgrace nothing more.
Okay.

Don't know how to prove my fitness: Nehra

Ashish Nehra is baffled and 'deeply hurt' after selectors chose to ignore the left-arm seamer for the first two ODIs against England. "I have submitted my fitness certificate before the ODI series in England. I was ignored when they even summoned RP Singh from a holiday. Now they have again ignored me," a visibly upset Nehra told PTI in an exclusive interview. "I still don't know where I exactly went wrong after being India's highest wicket-taker in ODIs since my comeback in 2009. Also till Pakistan match where I fractured my finger, I didn't have any major injury issues," the 32-year-old said. "Please check the records, which India bowler has bowled maximum number of overs at the death in last two years. You want me to prove my fitness but then I am not even good enough to be in any of the Challenger Trophy teams. Aapne Kerala se Srinagar tak sabko chance diya hai. Sirf Ashish Nehra hi nahin hain" (You have given chance to each and everyone from Kerala to Srinagar, how come I have become such a bad bowler in a space of few months), one couldn't miss the sarcasm in his voice. But then is his age a factor? He shot back, "For God's sake, I am 32 and not 42. Virender Sehwag is older than me. And had age been a criteria, then Rahul Dravid couldn't have made a comeback in ODIs when he is 39." To the question about match-fitness, Nehra explained, "Agreed I haven't played much cricket but what about some of those picked in the squad? Did they play any cricket in last three months? And everyone knows for the past two months, I have been sweating it out at the NCAs." Nehra is still not keen on returning back to first-class grind as day's cricket takes a lot of toll on a pacer's body. "Look at the likes of Brett Lee, Lasith Malinga who have retured from longer version to take care of their bodies. Now if I don't have an option, I might have to pick and chose and play Ranji Trophy. Asked about the way ahead, he said he is keen to play in professional leagues abroad if BCCI allows him. "If the board allows, I can go and play in Big Bash or Pro-40. Or else, I will play with my little son," he answered with a smile that said it all.

I'm sure there are many more deserving bowlers in india who feel as hurt as mr potato bag. I just can't take him anymore. He was at his best during the 2003 wc but after that he has been a very pale shadow of his old self. All his cribbing about being India's best odi bowler for 2 yrs is absolute rubbish. If you watch any of those games it is plenty obvious that this potato bag is just another trundler who can't bowl with the new ball or in the pp overs. Plus his pace sucks and he is a major liability in the field. So good move for now.... but of course we have even more exciting aravind to look forward too :dance: