India v Australia ODIs in India, 2009

Feed

20 months.
thanks its almost two years and we have become better too now :dance:
Long time. Lets sweep this one 7-0.:dance:
:amitdance::amitdance::amitdance: hope our bowlers do not disappoint.. rest I dont think there should be much problem in this series ... hope Tyagi uproots the Aussie stumps like Ishant did in that series :dance:
thanks its almost two years and we have become better too now :dance: :amitdance::amitdance::amitdance: hope our bowlers do not disappoint.. rest I dont think there should be much problem in this series ... hope Tyagi uproots the Aussie stumps like Ishant did in that series :dance:
If they go by their memory of our bowling from last time they toured us, they would be already wetting their pants. But I am not so sure we will be able to produce anything similar to that attack. ZAK will probably do it, but Ishant seems totally lost.
If they go by their memory of our bowling last time they toured us' date=' they would be already wetting their pants. But I am not so sure we will be able to produce anything similar to that attack. ZAK will probably do it, but Ishant seems totally lost.[/quote'] abe Zak is not there.. Ishant is crap nowadays .. hope Tyagi shines this time round (Nehra is ok too but I dont have high expectations from him as he is quite inconsistent)
With you concerning Tyagi. An inconsistent Nehra is slightly better to have than a consistently bad Ishant.
yup as I said a few days ago, the selection amongst Indian fast bowlers nowadays is to find the best amongst the worst .. I agree that Nehra is a lot better than Ishant at present.. maybe Munaf or Tyagi can do something and make the bowling better
yup as I said a few days ago' date=' the selection amongst Indian fast bowlers nowadays is to find the best amongst the worst .. I agree that Nehra is a lot better than Ishant at present.. maybe Munaf or Tyagi can do something and make the bowling better[/quote'] We can only hope. If things really get out of hand, Dhoni might just pull another fast one and take the ball himself. Entertaining thought, but rather embarrassing for the bowlers.
Our bowlers are nothing to get excited about at the moment. Won't be surprise to see us lose the series.
With the return of Veeru and Yuvi I am quite sure we cannot lose :winky: But I hope that Tyagi, Nehra etc. perform well this time..PK, Tyagi, Nehra and Bhajji should be the mainline bowlers

India practise light, Australia arrive A light practice session that involved nine of the 15 India players selected for the seven-match ODI series against Australia was conducted by India coach Gary Kirsten at the MCA groundin the Bandra-Kurla Complexon Tuesday afternoon. More... India practise light, Australia arrive DNA Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:43 IST Email Mumbai: A light practice session that involved nine of the 15 India players selected for the seven-match ODI series against Australia was conducted by India coach Gary Kirsten at the MCA groundin the Bandra-Kurla Complexon Tuesday afternoon. Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli, Harbhajan Singh, Sudeep Tyagi, Munaf Patel and Ravindra Jadeja were part of the training session that involved a game of football and net practice. This is the first time the team is assembling after failing to reach the semifinals of the Champions Trophy. In the aftermath, bowling coach Venkatesh Prasad and fielding coach Robin Singh were removed from their posts, while Rahul Dravid failed to retain his place in the side for the first two ODIs. Coach Kirsten arrived from South Africa on Tuesday and got down to business immediately. Sachin Tendulkar and Yuvraj Singh were among the batsmen who had a short session in the nets. Earlier in the afternoon, nine Australia players, excluding those who are already in India for the Champions League arrived in Mumbai. Both India and Australia are scheduled to have practice sessions on Wednesday and Thursday before proceeding to Baroda on Friday for the first of the seven matches on Sunday. Ponting's side are ranked No.1 in the world and will be on a high after defending their Champions Trophy title in South Africa. Earlier, they had humbled England 6-1 in the ODI series.

We're not underestimating India - Ponting Australian captain Ricky Ponting has said it would be wrong to pick favourites before their seven-match ODI series gets underway in India on October 25. Though Australia have the momentum in their favour, following their Champions Trophy victory in South Africa, Ponting expected the home side to give them a fight. "India is a very good and strong one-day team and we are not underestimating them. We are the number one and two teams in the world and it all points to an entertaining and good contest over the next few weeks," :two_thumbs_up:he said in Mumbai a day after the team landed. "We have always enjoyed playing in India and against India. Our rivalry over the last few years has been growing and its good for the world game." Both teams arrived in South Africa with series wins under their belt but left the country with contrasting results. Australia had drubbed England 6-1 after losing the Ashes and went on to retain the Champions Trophy. India won the tri-series in Sri Lanka but failed to reach the semi-finals in South Africa. They were without the services of two key batsmen in Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh due to injury, but both have returned for the ODIs to bolster the side. Ponting said his team will have to keep in mind that India are a stronger outfit now and stay on top of their game. "We have played some excellent one-day cricket over the last few months beginning from the England tour and in the Champions Trophy," Ponting said. "We need to keep improving and need to be at our best right through the series." Australia won their last bilateral series outing in India in 2007 but two key players from that series - Michael Clarke and Andrew Symonds - are missing, for different reasons. Clarke could join the tour midway if his sore back recovers but Ponting said it was a good opportunity for the less-experienced players to step up. The team has one rookie in Victorian left-arm spinner Jon Holland, already in India for the Champions League. "We have got a lot of young players, young as far as experience goes, who are finding their feet in international cricket. We have played some good one-day cricket over the last few months and they have grown in confidence from that. This series offers them different set of challenges." One of those challenges, he said, will be tackling the spinners especially since many members of the team don't have enough time to acclimatise. He said the Victoria and New South Wales players for the Champions League have a head start. "It's good they have got used to the conditions but on the other hand it would have been nice to have them in the group a little bit sooner," he said. "The challenge will be how our middle order batsmen cope up with playing spin bowling over the next few weeks. Michael Hussey has played a lot of cricket here. Shane Watson and Tim Paine play spin well." The first ODI is in Vadodara on Sunday.