India vs Australia, 2009 : Indian team announced for first 2 ODIs, retained for next 5 ODIs

SachDan

Because the squad being announced is breaking news. A fresh topic. Now posters open up the breaking news of actual squad announcment and cant see the squad. They have to keep looking' date=' keep looking and then get to page 2 and finally see the squad. Its not about me being lazy![/quote'] The squad is in the OP too.

Virender Sehwag Sachin Tendulkar Gautam Gambhir Suresh Raina Virat Kohli MS Dhoni Ravindra Jadeja Harbhajan Singh Ashish Nehra Amit Mishra Munaf Patel /Sudeep Tyagi / Praveen Kumar / Ishant Sharma. ravindra jadeja will be our fifth bowler. his bowling form will be crucial for the balance of the side. yusuf pathan bowled well but his batting sucked... i hope jadeja wont have a tendency for the other way round.

The squad is in the OP too.
Fair enough. But the whole discussion is bemusing for new comers. As first people are posting speculation on the sqaud, then posting on squad. What was the need to merge? None of real value I can see. Anyway if everyone is happy then so be it, no big deal. Just thought it was a bit weird thats all

Im going to be left wing and play Sehwag at number 5 THATS RIGHT- Gambhir Tendulkar Dhoni Yuvraj Sehwag Raina Jadeja Bhajji Munaf Mishra Nehra THATS my team. I love the idea of Sehwag coming in the 35th over and smashing em around with Raina and Yuv. Of course you could argue that Yuvraj and potentially MSD would do the same batting in the middle overs, but I just want to be different. In reality of course it will be Munaf, Nehra and Ishant (argh!) - Munaf and Nehra are a new ball attack that on its day can contain batsmen well; then Ishant will come on and frak it all up. Jadeja can be tidy and a good foil for Bhajj. I hope Praveen plays instead of Ishant. As for the 5th bowler question Chandan- good point, I imagine Raina will bowl a few. Didnt know sehwag couldnt bowl. And when Yuv gets back he will chip in.

^Yeah fair points. No batsman can give us a start like Sehwag I think though that long term his future in both forms of the game is in the middle. His eyes and reflexes (on which he relies so much) will decline as he enters his 30's and hes better off not facing pace and the new ball.

THATS my team. I love the idea of Sehwag coming in the 35th over and smashing em around with Raina and Yuv.
Sooda, Even If Sehwag lasts 30 overs, The game is as good as won, more so as TK said he is a boundary hitter, so he can optimize the first 15 overs of the P P.

To be honest dont trust any of the seamers apart from Munaf. Tyagi is intresting prospect but is unknown in terms of his radar, Irani waywardness makes him unreliable at this time. Kumar bowls 74mph and will be cannon fodder despite is movement of the ball. Ishant should have been dropped and will get smoked. Nehra is pants and will be exposed. Lets hope the spinners do well:--D

I think the first match is crucial for both Jadeja and Kohli to cement their places. If it was not for UV's injury, I think Jadeja would not have played ahead of Kohli. But with UV's absence it throws a door of opportunity for Jadeja. I assume both will play in the first ODI and whoever comes trumps up might play the rest of the series until he fails.

To be honest don't think Jadejas style of batting is suited to 20/20 power hitting. But maybe in 50 overs he may be better' date=' as can work it around and rotate strike etc. Lets see[/quote'] Nope i dont think hes suited to any format, he doent have in him to be a member of the indian team:hes fit enough to play only domestic league games for saurashtra