Speedtest launches pingtest

ViruRulez

Viru what is your connection speed?
250 Mbps :yay::yay::yay: Just joking I am at 512 kbps .. that is one of the highest broadband home unlimited plans in India .. I iz in India and you dont have too much phaaast broadband connection here in India.... but the speeds are genuine.. I checked desi's speed the other day and he was saying 8 mbps connection but his uploading and downloading speed was slower than me when I told him to upload a file :hehe:

Not sure when it was launched, but I'm sure that website was there 2 weeks ago Ping is a check to see how easily you or a website is reachable on your line. It also checks the quality of the line. 0% packet loss is what you want. Talking of speedtest, I wanna check my work network, its frikkin terrible

I suppose you dont DL much then' date=' bleddy I am finding 2 mbps slow.[/quote'] Yup. I dont download too much nowadays as I hardly have time. Anyways I mainly use rapidshare etc. for downloading and so I get the best downloading speed on my line. I get around 65 KB speed per second with download accelerator and so it is not a big headache. I can download a GB file in a few hours and so its ok for me. Anyways I use uploading more than downloading as I have to upload files etc. to my websites rather than to download much from other websites. I am planning to go for a higher connection. I would opt for the highest unlimited connection but sadly there are not much high speed broadband options which can give me genuine speeds of more than 512 kbps on an unlimited connection.
Not sure when it was launched, but I'm sure that website was there 2 weeks ago Ping is a check to see how easily you or a website is reachable on your line. It also checks the quality of the line. 0% packet loss is what you want. Talking of speedtest, I wanna check my work network, its frikkin terrible
Yup, office networks are freaking terrible. They go for corporate lines and so they have much higher connections compared to home lines. I saw it for the first time today. I did not visit speedtest for a few days and yes maybe pingtest was launched a few days ago. Today my uploading got fecked off suddenly and so I went to check. And it is really pathetic uploading speed today. :(( And they have 2 days off due to Diwali and my uploading speed is going to remain sh*t for the next two days too. :sniffle:

512 Kbps is highest in India ? really ?
No yaar' date=' he meant the most used unlimited connection plan by the average user, highest is 16MBPS. Still low as compared to the US. :([/quote'] :dito: I mean the normal unlimited and unrestricted home connection .. There are 2 mpbs home connection too but there are way too many restrictions and download/upload limit in those.. and I dont want a connection where I would receive a monthly bill of a few hundred dollars.. it is way better to have a constant bill irrespective of how much I spend in the month