BCCI trashes Ian Chappel

Andy

It's a new ground yaar. Before the venue was even rejected for an ODI as it was not deemed fit for international matches. But now the stadium is ready and looks good its just matter of time before tests are played there. :yay: Isn't there is some kind of rule for tests to be played on a ground? :nervous:
there must be some criteria in terms of standards of the venue, ground facilities, availability of high quality accomodation for the teams for the 5 days and the couple of days before.. etc. more importantly, the standard of the pitch. the venue has to host a minimum number of 4 day domestic matches to prove the fitness and logevity of the surface.. before it can be given the right to host a test match..
Don't mind Sunny most of the time' date=' but when he gets over-excited and starts behaving like everyone is against India or something while commentating its bloody annoying. If he has issues he should take them up outside.[/quote'] Sunny is like a father figure... so it depends on how you take his comments. His over excitement about bad treatment of indians in phoren lands could probably due to what he has experienced during his playing days, which you and me wont know. He may probably be true from his experience..
I prefer tri-series over bilateral-series If you have 3 equally good teams, its so much more entertaining
Agreed. Some of the tri series downunder have been quite interesting unless Zimbabwe gets involved, but then I liked the one in 2000 where WI was the third team .The ones played in '96 (Pak-WI), '97 (NZ-SA), '98(Eng-SL), '01(SA-NZ), '06(Eng-NZ) and the final one than we won were very intriguing to watch. The problem with seven match series (I don't mind five match bilateral series) is higher probability of dead rubbers. Also, it is darn difficult to keep following two teams battling it out over two or so weeks and God help us if they are played on "patta" batting wickets.
Agreed. Some of the tri series downunder have been quite interesting unless Zimbabwe gets involved' date=' but then I liked the one in 2000 where WI was the third team .[b']The ones played in '96 (Pak-WI), '97 (NZ-SA), '98(Eng-SL), '01(SA-NZ), '06(Eng-NZ) and the final one than we won were very intriguing to watch. The problem with seven match series (I don't mind five match bilateral series) is higher probability of dead rubbers. Also, it is darn difficult to keep following two teams battling it out over two or so weeks and God help us if they are played on "patta" batting wickets.
I'm surprized.. do you really think 12 leagues matches were required to eliminate 1,, i repeat just 1 team? if ur argument is that the finalizts were not decided until 10th or 11th match, then a 7 match series that has a scoreline of 4-3 would still be an interesting one.. the 2001 6 match ind/eng series in ind where eng won the last 2 matches to square the series 3-3 was quite interesting... so it boils down to the quality of teams.. if the upcoming ind/aus series is decidd in the last match.. ppl would come back and say that the 7 match series was indeed interesting..
I'm surprized.. do you really think 12 leagues matches were required to eliminate 1' date=', i repeat just 1 team? if ur argument is that the finalizts were not decided until 10th or 11th match, then a 7 match series that has a scoreline of 4-3 would still be an interesting one.. the 2001 6 match ind/eng series in ind where eng won the last 2 matches to square the series 3-3 was quite interesting... so it boils down to the quality of teams.. if the upcoming ind/aus series is decidd in the last match.. ppl would come back and say that the 7 match series was indeed interesting..[/quote'] It is not about whether 12 games are required to eliminate one team or not, it is all about sustaining the interest in the series. In case of tri series, one team will play against one particular opposition in three/four legs unlike in seven match series and that's something similar to the five match series (which I am abs. fine with).