+++ Your Favourite Indian Cricket Ground +++

Here it is. Finally a 'favourite Indian ground' thread. So what's it gonna be? * The Gandhi Sports Complex Ground in Amritsar * The University Stadium in Trivandrum * The Barkatullah Khan Stadium, Pal Road Jodhpur * or maybe India's oldest ODI ground - The Sardar Vallabhai Patel Stadium? * My choice would be the Captain Roop Singh Stadium. Great stadium with good amenities and an atmosphere to rival any ground. The wicket is also usually batting friendly. That's my pick.So tell us of the ground(s) that you like or have attended and the experiences there. Do it ********
overall no.1 spot goes to Mohali , bt you guys would be surprised to know that this ground's outfield is prob beta than mohali 1...jst played 3 matches there in under-19 days...chandan madan (mumbai indians wk) hails from here
overall no.1 spot goes to Mohali ' date=' bt you guys would be surprised to know that this ground's outfield is prob beta than mohali 1...jst played 3 matches there in under-19 days...chandan madan (mumbai indians wk) hails from here[/quote'] glad to hear that. Somebody ITT said that the Amritsar grounds et al are 'kaunse grounds' whatever the hell that means. Anyway kooljatt I am glad that you don't think that those outlying 'not so popular with the masses cricket grounds' can hold their own. Btw no love for Jaipur guys? And Bangaloreans or is it Banglonians, GIH and represent the Chinnaswamy.

Ahhh... finally a thread on my beloved topic... Here are some of my favorite grounds, where I've played, umpired, organized tournaments, scored (i mean scorer), commentated... and these are close to my heart in a very big way... Main grounds at College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University IIT - Chemplast grounds (IIT Madras) Ground A, Loyola College, Chennai Kendriya Vidyala grounds, Adyar KK Nagar 10th sector Ground (with a concrete pitch for tennis ball matches..lolz) Recreation ground in Blue Lagood resort The make shift ground in Besant Nagar beach (with the bay of bengal just 10 feet away) Coming to International venues, I've visited only 3 stadiums... (1) MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai starting from 1st ever ODI at this venue to the latest Ind/Eng test match last december, have watched every test match - Against Aus - 3 (98, 01, 04, Pak - 1 (99), Eng - 2 (93, 08), NZ - 1 (96), SL - 1 (06), SA - 1 (08), WI - 1 (02), every ODI except the rained out Ind / NZ and the Ind / WI before 07 WC, and a few Ranji matches. Not IPL matches yet (2) M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore Moved to Bangalore in 2007 and watched the 2 Test matches here so far - Against Pak - 1 (07), Aus - 1 (08), Only one ODI (the rained out Ind / Aus in 07), few IPL matches including the inaugural BRC Vs KKR and 2 Champions League matches. 1 Ranji match between TN and Bengal and a couple of KPL matches too (Bijapur Bulls Vs Mysore Maharajas.. ha ha) (3) Sydney Cricket Ground, Australia Ind Vs Aus, CB Series 08 Among these 3, I'll pick Bangalore ahead of Chennai, simpy because of the spectator friendliness and cleanliness of this stadium. Good parking facilities and reasonable ticket prices. The members stand and pavilion areas are awesome here... If I have to pick from those haven't visited, I'll pick MCG and Eden Gardens.. My dream is to one day sit and watch a cricket match at MCG. I was very close to realizing my dream last year. Due to some scheduling goof up, I had to leave for Australia a week late and instead of watching Aus / SL at MCG, I decided to watch Ind / Aus at SCG.

I would add yesterday's Nagpur stadium to that list. Was it a newly constructed stadium. It was pretty good. BTW I have not heard about most of the stadiums mentioned by the OP. After the commonwealth games, will the stadiums constructed also be used for cricket. The stadiums constructed for CG are magnificent ones for sure.

Ahhh... finally a thread on my beloved topic... Here are some of my favorite grounds, where I've played, umpired, organized tournaments, scored (i mean scorer), commentated... and these are close to my heart in a very big way... Main grounds at College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University IIT - Chemplast grounds (IIT Madras) Ground A, Loyola College, Chennai Kendriya Vidyala grounds, Adyar KK Nagar 10th sector Ground (with a concrete pitch for tennis ball matches..lolz) Recreation ground in Blue Lagood resort The make shift ground in Besant Nagar beach (with the bay of bengal just 10 feet away) Coming to International venues, I've visited only 3 stadiums... (1) MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai starting from 1st ever ODI at this venue to the latest Ind/Eng test match last december, have watched every test match - Against Aus - 3 (98, 01, 04, Pak - 1 (99), Eng - 2 (93, 08), NZ - 1 (96), SL - 1 (06), SA - 1 (08), WI - 1 (02), every ODI except the rained out Ind / NZ and the Ind / WI before 07 WC, and a few Ranji matches. Not IPL matches yet (2) M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore Moved to Bangalore in 2007 and watched the 2 Test matches here so far - Against Pak - 1 (07), Aus - 1 (08), Only one ODI (the rained out Ind / Aus in 07), few IPL matches including the inaugural BRC Vs KKR and 2 Champions League matches. 1 Ranji match between TN and Bengal and a couple of KPL matches too (Bijapur Bulls Vs Mysore Maharajas.. ha ha) (3) Sydney Cricket Ground, Australia Ind Vs Aus, CB Series 08 Among these 3, I'll pick Bangalore ahead of Chennai, simpy because of the spectator friendliness and cleanliness of this stadium. Good parking facilities and reasonable ticket prices. The members stand and pavilion areas are awesome here... If I have to pick from those haven't visited, I'll pick MCG and Eden Gardens.. My dream is to one day sit and watch a cricket match at MCG. I was very close to realizing my dream last year. Due to some scheduling goof up, I had to leave for Australia a week late and instead of watching Aus / SL at MCG, I decided to watch Ind / Aus at SCG.
great.you sound like you have some stories about some of the grounds.if you have pictures then post em up. @cricketgirl its a pleasure. And yes the new Nagpur ground is sure to be up there. I wonder how the Wankede is going to look.
No, they are building a completely new one in time for WC2011 Its on the OMR Road Touted to be Weather proof and world largest :dance:http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2007/07/24/stories/2007072450952300.htm
looks like its going to be quite a long drive from the city.. i izz not impressed.. one of the main attraction of MAC is its proximity to the city, accesibility and ofcourse the marina beach.. now i'm nervous

All the new stadiums are moving out of the city, Mumbai, Nagpur, Mohali, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad --- It is upto the govt who should arrange for nice Local Transportation on Match Days. The Od Mahabalipuram road is actually not bad. If I am not wrong some big hotels are also on that road.