Kumble to lead India in Hong Kong Super Sixes

ViruRulez

Six per side. 5 overs each, everyone must bowl except the keeper. Keeper will be standing half way from the rope just to save some runs.:cantstop: If a side loses 5 wickets before the stipulated 5overs are bowled then the last standing batsman can bat with the 5th batsman acting as runner.
Also if a batsman reaches a fifty, he has to retire. Used to be like that way before dunno whether they have changed the rule or not.
I remember a special kind of tournament long back where every team was represented by two players. A special fielding squad was selected beforehand that remained the same for every team. It consisted of six overs each. A wicket did not mean the batsman had to walk, it just meant five runs deducted from the score. I remember because India was represented by Kapil and Sachin (the youngest and the oldest at that time). Can't remember if this was an official tourney.
A similar fun contest was conducted in the late 80s. it was called Pace Fever. I remember watching it as a small kid. Venue was Chennai hence it was telecast only to DD Madras. 4 pace bowlers from the west indies bowled at about 6 teams comprising of 2 players each (apart from the 4 bowlers there were 7 other fielders from TN ranji team who were there only to do fielding). I remember Marshall and Patrick Patterson as 2 bowlers, not getting the other 2. The Indian duo of Kapil Dev and Kris Srikanth pawned every team and won the contest. In fact they dint lose even 1 wicket.. Windies had Greenidge and Richards... @ OP - I have watched a few HK 6's myself during the late 90s.. I remember Wassan, Robin Singh, Joshi, etc players.. but many a times they were shown as recordings and not Live.. and not much used to be written about or publicized.. thats why not much of fan following.. Yeah.. its kinda worse than T20.. I wonder what Shwetabh would call this?
Is it cricket :--D
sala.. haven't u played cricket in streets where ther eis no team.. just the order in which you get to bat is determind by making s ome1 to bend, show finger on his back, ask him to select who that number goes to etc.. the guy who get no. 1 bats first and the guy who gets the max number gets to bowl first.. we have even played team games where if there an odd number of players, the youngest one will be declared a joker and he will bat for both teams.. ha ha.. those are the days..
sala.. haven't u played cricket in streets where ther eis no team.. just the order in which you get to bat is determind by making s ome1 to bend, show finger on his back, ask him to select who that number goes to etc.. the guy who get no. 1 bats first and the guy who gets the max number gets to bowl first.. we have even played team games where if there an odd number of players, the youngest one will be declared a joker and he will bat for both teams.. ha ha.. those are the days..
yup obviously but that was street cricket and not international cricket :--D but those days were fun.. gone are those days :((

Lot of people around the world have tried many many formats to deliver fast paced cricket and have had varying degrees of success.. Pace fever, Double wicket, beach cricket (predominantly oldies) Super 6s, There was some format in NZ where if u hit the ball in the V, run scored will be doubled (i.e if you hit a 6 between long on and long off, you get 12, if you hit the ball in that area and run 2, it will be counted as 4). Infact T20 was started in England way back in 2002/03. But it took one Mr. Lalit Modi to revolutionalize the cricket world by taking T20 to the extremes...

Lot of people around the world have tried many many formats to deliver fast paced cricket and have had varying degrees of success.. Pace fever' date=' Double wicket, beach cricket (predominantly oldies) Super 6s, [b']There was some format in NZ where if u hit the ball in the V, run scored will be doubled (i.e if you hit a 6 between long on and long off, you get 12, if you hit the ball in that area and run 2, it will be counted as 4). Infact T20 was started in England way back in 2002/03. But it took one Mr. Lalit Modi to revolutionalize the cricket world by taking T20 to the extremes...
Cricket max is the best of all the formats you had mentioned. Sadly, it never took off as it was played only in NZ. The best thing about the format is it isn't based purely on luck. The players will get more purchase for their shots if they hit the ball in particular areas as against getting just a four through inside edges etc.