Jamait-e-Ulema Hind issue fatwa against Vande Mataram our national song

King Tendulkar

Which is how it should be. The problem here and an oft recurring one is that organizations like Jamiat become self appointed thekedaars of a particular community and decree what they should or should not be doing.
Shwet... but as long as Muslim people are not forced not to sing it, it is fine. After all, it is not very popular amongst muslim anyways. It is not going to matter much. Fatwa or no fatwa.. Just finished listening to both the song... You wont believe... it is routine listening to both every week once..it is set as my fav. everytime I listen to them... i get goose bumps.. Thanks guys made my day... back to work...

I guarantee that around the world in islamic countries, there are much more patriotic and non islamic songs for these countries being sung. And they are being with pride and joy with not even a murmur of thought of wether it is islamic or not. Only when muslims are the minority in the country will these kind of protests at nationalism arise.

DS... we are making too much fuss about it... Even if you make some one sing Vande Mataram... but if they dont do it from their heart then whats the point... It is of no benefit to them anyway...be it Hindu' date=' muslim or anyone...[/quote'] Its not about forcing anyone to sing it, but issuing fatwa for singing it.

I guarantee that around the world in islamic countries' date=' there are much more patriotic and non islamic songs for these countries being sung. And they are being with pride and joy with not even a murmur of thought of wether it is islamic or not. Only when muslims are the minority in the country will these kind of protests at nationalism arise.[/quote'] As i know that u guarantee many things but i am not sure if u have lived in any muslim countries, being working in a marine Co. i had an oppurtunity to stay in most of North African Countries like Sudan , Egypt .. right now i am posted at Port Sudan for a while. Here most of the gujjus are living from 4 generations who are my friend... and they speak Arabic more fluently than Arabs and Coptic Christans... As usual schools have mrng prayers but u can ask any gujjus who stay here if any1 have been forced to sing songs which are against there beleif,. If a person have certain beleifs u cant force him to just to against his usual practice. Now if someone is an atheist u cant force him to praise God just because its ur requirement. Btw... i am not sure what do u understand by the meaning of Fatwa.. Fatwa is an Arabic term which means Opinion , an Opinion can be correct or may be wrong.

But isn't it binding....to the people>?? I thought it is.
No it isn't .. fatwa (opinion or ruling) keeps on changing as per the circumstances so i can't be considered as a LAW which is necessary to be followed. A Fatwa can be issued for a certain time , period , place or some particular instances. Normally people use a fatwa (opinion) at a wrong place which leads to misunderstanding. The rulings which may change according to time are the rulings that are based on customs and traditions, because as time changes, the people’s needs change. Based on this, changes also affect customs and traditions, and changes in custom and traditions change the rulings. I can give u an example.. during 1970's they gave Fatwa that cigarette smoking is makrooh (which means disliked) as it gives bad breath and causes discomfort for a non smoker who is standing nearby. But after a couple of decades when it was clear that smoking slowly leads to dangerous disease like lungs cancer leading to death and later on some astonishing research revealed that passive smoking is more dangerous than active so they gave a Fatwa that smoking is Haram and not allowed.

The top Muslim body in India' date=' Jamait-e-Ulema Hind on Tuesday said that Muslims should not sing 'Vande Mataram' as some verses of the song are against the tenets of Islam. Thus our national song is banned by them through a fatwa.[/quote'] Tea (bagging) party anyone?