Vegetarianism, the mantra to overcome climate change challenges

DeXteR

Vegetarianism is emerging as a new solution to solving the climate change challenge. The latest to champion the cause is the best-known climate economist Nicholas Stern, who has said that turning vegetarian would help to check climate change. Complete story: http://in.news.yahoo.com/241/20091111/1257/tnl-vegetarianism-the-mantra-to-overcome.html Its up to individual to decide here, as eating habits can take time to change(at least for me).

I'm vegetarian, have been my whole life but not because I'm trying to prevent climate change hah. Have absolutely nothing against anyone who isn't vegetarian, it's completely down to personal choice and frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of all these new methods to combat climate change which in my opinion is out of our hands on the whole.

Pretty much' date=' I've never ate any meat (don't eat egg, fish etc either). Really isn't that tough,[b'] maybe because I've never had it. I imagine it would be more difficult for someone who has and would then have to give it up.
Exactly. How can you miss something if you never had it?

Pretty much' date=' I've never ate any meat (don't eat egg, fish etc either). Really isn't that tough, maybe because I've never had it. I imagine it would be more difficult for someone who has and would then have to give it up.[/quote'] see u never ate meat, so u dont know the pain. Iam here for holidays in india and my mom is cooking vegeterian food for the past 1 month because of "Karthika masam". She tried all kinds of varieties for me but I am just not satisfied. Still four days to go and i cant wait for tuesday when this gets over. In the movie Twilight the vampire Edward Cullen says that not surviving on humans but rather on animals is like a human eating only tofu... it keeps u strong but you are never fully satisfied. My plight is very similar. For me, eating only vegeterian food continuosly is hell!

see u never ate meat, so u dont know the pain. Iam here for holidays in india and my mom is cooking vegeterian food for the past 1 month because of "Karthika masam". She tried all kinds of varieties for me but I am just not satisfied. Still four days to go and i cant wait for tuesday when this gets over. In the movie Twilight the vampire Edward Cullen says that not surviving on humans but rather on animals is like a human eating only tofu... it keeps u strong but you are never fully satisfied. My plight is very similar. For me, eating only vegeterian food continuosly is hell!
Haha, that's why I said I imagine it would be different for someone who has to give it up :winky:

see u never ate meat, so u dont know the pain. Iam here for holidays in india and my mom is cooking vegeterian food for the past 1 month because of "Karthika masam". She tried all kinds of varieties for me but I am just not satisfied. Still four days to go and i cant wait for tuesday when this gets over. In the movie Twilight the vampire Edward Cullen says that not surviving on humans but rather on animals is like a human eating only tofu... it keeps u strong but you are never fully satisfied. My plight is very similar. For me, eating only vegeterian food continuosly is hell!
TK are you also a "machi"?