What is life?

fineleg

Really, not being tacky or cheesy... Philosophical - Yes, but still real question...And, no its not what punjabi_khota says why I ask these qns :cantstop: but sometimes these thoughts and questions come in one's mind :) As per you what is life and what do you want out of it? Dimensions to ponder:

• Goals in life
  • Dreams in life
  • Needs in life
  • Passion in life
  • Purpose of life
  • Achievements in life or Accomplishments in life

Happiness and Satisfaction vs Fame and Fortune... Or is 'Striving for balance among all this' the eternal quest of life? :dontknow:

I can't disagree more.
More seriously, what gives meaning to life? The answer is simple: Death Without death life would not be precious, because we would not lose it. A true appreciation of what you have can only come when it can be taken away from you. Life is the sum of everything you experience. Life is hopes and dreams, despair and pain. It's a miracle and a gift to be treasured. Give it everything you have and leave a legacy for those who come after you.

More seriously, what gives meaning to life? The answer is simple: Death Without death life would not be precious, because we would not lose it. A true appreciation of what you have can only come when it can be taken away from you. Life is the sum of everything you experience. Life is hopes and dreams, despair and pain. It's a miracle and a gift to be treasured. Give it everything you have and leave a legacy for those who comes after you.
....just like a game of poker. :winky:

More seriously, what gives meaning to life? The answer is simple: Death Without death life would not be precious, because we would not lose it. A true appreciation of what you have can only come when it can be taken away from you. Life is the sum of everything you experience. Life is hopes and dreams, despair and pain. It's a miracle and a gift to be treasured. Give it everything you have and leave a legacy for those who come after you.
Its a pity you see it this way. What lends meaning to life as per me is joy. Such joy need not be derived from anything awesome, just simple pleasures. I don't need death to appreciate life. But people of my gerneration and those before me treated life more simplistically as compared to the people of your generation. Perhaps you lot or more jaded. Life is indeed a sum of experiences and in those experiences you have to look for joy, contentment, peace etc. Each moment fulfills an emotion.

Life is like a game of poker' date=' you have no control on what cards are dealt to you but you can play accordingly to what is dealt. In the end even if you play the hand wisely you still need that bit of luck to win the pot. :smiley:[/quote'] Fair enough. But I don't view life as a game where you have to win something, you just need to have played the game. :winky:

Fair enough. But I don't view life as a game where you have to win something' date=' you just need to have played the game. :winky:[/quote'] The pot is just a symbol for the little goals you have in your life......only thing is you are forced to leave the table midway without ever finishing the game. But most important thing is you enjoy the thrill of the game, while it lasts. :P

The pot is just a symbol for the little goals you have in your life......only thing is you are forced to leave the table midway without ever finishing the game. :P
You just continue on a table with Frank Sinatra, lad.:winky:

@ Gunner: Yes, people may perceive me and my generation as being jaded. I don't like over-analysing myself, it makes me morbid, but I have come to the conclusion that being "hard" is my way of coping with emotional upheaval, of protecting myself. There was an event in my life that changed me and the way I look at things. I wasn't emotionally equipped to deal with it, so I locked it away untill I was strong enough, hard enough to handle it. I lost the lighter, more hopeful part of me in the process.

@ Gunner: Yes, people may perceive me and my generation as being jaded. I don't like over-analysing myself, it makes me morbid, but I have come to the conclusion that being "hard" is my way of coping with emotional upheaval, of protecting myself. There was an event in my life that changed me and the way I look at things. I wasn't emotionally equipped to deal with it, so I locked it away untill I was strong enough, hard enough to handle it. I lost the lighter, more hopeful part of me in the process.
Was it worth it? Life is about good moments and the bad ones. You live and learn from both. The good ones as long as they outweigh the bad moments, its still a wonderful life. :icflove: