I have a terrible feeling the South Africa test series will be scrapped

Sachin has recently opined in the public that India should play more tests.. Will BCCI still go ahead and scrap the series or even make it a 2 test affair.. I doubt it.. and even if BCCI plans to do it, will Sachin accept it? With all the power he has, can he not force BCCI against that decision... it will be very bad, if BCCI does something like that and Sachin doesnt do anything about it..
I don't think Sachin has that much power to alter BCCI decisions. He may be able to influence them to a certain extent, but at the end of the day its BCCI that will have the final say
Test 1 (5days) Break (3 days) Test 2 (5 days) Break (3 days) Test 3 (5 days) Break (3 days) ODI 1 ( 1 day) Break ( 2 days) ODI 2 ( 1 day) Break ( 2 days) ODI 3 ( 1 day) Break ( 2 days) ODI 4 ( 1 day) Break ( 2 days) ODI 5 ( 1 day) Break ( 3 days) 40 Days :--D warmups excluded
They usually don't have two days break between ODIs ..one day is often enough ... 24 days for tests and 10 for ODIs.. 6 days to spare...

Dont worry guys, I can assure you that South African Cricket board would try extra hard to squeeze in the series...India is the Cash cow when it comes to cricket. However I do feel Indian cricket is not gaining much through IPL becuase it is way too easy for indian youngsters to get into an IPL team and make loads of money for too little work. As a Bangladeshi however I love what IPL is doing for my countries cricket (also for the rest of the cricket world sans Pakistan).. I mean IPL motivates youngsters from outside india to really perform hard to get hands on some easy cash....the bar for an international player to get into IPL is really high. Just my 2 cents

Dont worry guys, I can assure you that South African Cricket board would try extra hard to squeeze in the series...India is the Cash cow when it comes to cricket. However I do feel Indian cricket is not gaining much through IPL becuase it is way too easy for indian youngsters to get into an IPL team and make loads of money for too little work. As a Bangladeshi however I love what IPL is doing for my countries cricket (also for the rest of the cricket world sans Pakistan).. I mean IPL motivates youngsters from outside india to really perform hard to get hands on some easy cash....the bar for an international player to get into IPL is really high. Just my 2 cents
Modi and his cronies are gaining something so I don't think they really care about anything else
As a Bangladeshi however I love what IPL is doing for my countries cricket
Do you love the fact that your country will be represented by an increasing number of shithouse cowlashers like Habitual Basher, and more and more batsmen going down the trigger happy slogger route like Tamim Iqbal or Mohammad Ashraful with those sorts getting more and more money now, rather than actual, proper batsmen? Would you rather have five Ashraful equivalents who can cowlash their way to a quickfire 40 or 50 in every few games, have one matchwinning performance in a decade, or a Dravid or a Younis Khan equivalent?
Do you love the fact that your country will be represented by an increasing number of shithouse cowlashers like Habitual Basher' date=' and more and more batsmen going down the trigger happy slogger route like Tamim Iqbal or Mohammad Ashraful with those sorts getting more and more money now, rather than actual, proper batsmen? Would you rather have five Ashraful equivalents who can cowlash their way to a quickfire 40 or 50 in every few games, have one matchwinning performance in a decade, or a Dravid or a Younis Khan equivalent?[/quote'] I dont think players like Ashraful/Tamim and co would get a chance in any game if they just randomly slog...they have to develop their game to the level of world stars before they can even dream of getting more than a match in the season. So it actually gives them an incentive to improve.... Plus the money also helps. In bangladesh, the cricketers (although earns more than most) cannot even dream the money that they get for playing IPL...
I would somewhat agree with this. It is infact motivating players from outside India rather than Indian domestic talents. For example, Keiran Pollard and T&T players and NSW and Victorian players etc. said they wanted to impress the IPL franchisees through their CL performance. So, the domestic players from those countries are working more harder than the Indian domestic players because they know entrance to IPL and chances of earning hefty amounts every year is a very good prospect. Moreover, if they play good in IPL or CL they also get chance to represent their own national teams. Some of the best players in the world have got chances for representing their national teams (eg. Bollinger, Moises, Abdulla) or improved their performances (eg. Dishan) after IPL. IPL, CL and T20 has surely changed the way people are playing cricket now. But yes for Indian domestic players they know that they would by default end up getting good contracts and have a settled life and hence dont need to work that hard compared to international domestic players. But if you check the other way round, then IPL has made cricketers life secure. The no. of youngsters taking cricket as a profession was decreasing as it was almost impossible to get into the national team. But now, domestic and lesser known cricketers are also getting chances to lead a good life. This is encouraging more Indian youngsters to join professional cricket which means in coming years it will bring in new talents. It must have been one of the main reasons that almost all ICL players left the league. They will now get better pay in IPL and the best ones might also get chance to the Indian national team. So, it is not that bad as a whole. Again the batsman and all rounders are the heroes in IPL, CL or T20 cricket and so it might also give more quality batsmen than bowlers. So, yes there are a few negatives but the positives for Indian domestic cricket and Indian cricket is a lot more. I just hope it is not extended. The current 45 days schedule a year is fine.
I dont think players like Ashraful/Tamim and co would get a chance in any game if they just randomly slog...they have to develop their game to the level of world stars before they can even dream of getting more than a match in the season. So it actually gives them an incentive to improve....
Past evidence would contradict that. What do you make of sloggers like Cameron White, Dwayne Smith, David Warner and George Bailey getting contracts, in lieu of truly classy and high quality batsmen like Ramnaresh Sarwan, or other solid batsmen like Shiv Chanderpaul who got very little to do? What direction do you think young players are likely to move towards and who will they try and emulate? The Chanderpauls and Dravids, or David Warners and Ashrafools?
I would somewhat agree with this. It is infact motivating players from outside India rather than Indian domestic talents. For example, Keiran Pollard and T&T players and NSW and Victorian players etc. said they wanted to impress the IPL franchisees through their CL performance. So, the domestic players from those countries are working more harder than the Indian domestic players because they know entrance to IPL and chances of earning hefty amounts every year is a very good prospect. Moreover, if they play good in IPL or CL they also get chance to represent their own national teams. Some of the best players in the world have got chances for representing their national teams (eg. Bollinger, Moises, Abdulla) or improved their performances (eg. Dishan) after IPL. IPL, CL and T20 has surely changed the way people are playing cricket now. But yes for Indian domestic players they know that they would by default end up getting good contracts and have a settled life and hence dont need to work that hard compared to international domestic players. But if you check the other way round, then IPL has made cricketers life secure. The no. of youngsters taking cricket as a profession was decreasing as it was almost impossible to get into the national team. But now, domestic and lesser known cricketers are also getting chances to lead a good life. This is encouraging more Indian youngsters to join professional cricket which means in coming years it will bring in new talents. It must have been one of the main reasons that almost all ICL players left the league. They will now get better pay in IPL and the best ones might also get chance to the Indian national team. So, it is not that bad as a whole. Again the batsman and all rounders are the heroes in IPL, CL or T20 cricket and so it might also give more quality batsmen than bowlers. So, yes there are a few negatives but the positives for Indian domestic cricket and Indian cricket is a lot more. I just hope it is not extended. The current 45 days schedule a year is fine.
Fair enough, u would know more abt Indian cricket infustructure than me. Do you by any chance happen to know how much an average Indian player (not the national team players) would make per season playing Ranji trophy? I think another good improvement would be to allow 3 foreign players per ranji team per season.
Past evidence would contradict that. What do you make of sloggers like Cameron White, Dwayne Smith, David Warner and George Bailey getting contracts, in lieu of truly classy and high quality batsmen like Ramnaresh Sarwan, or other solid batsmen like Shiv Chanderpaul who got very little to do? What direction do you think young players are likely to move towards and who will they try and emulate? The Chanderpauls and Dravids, or David Warners and Ashrafools?
I dont think anyone should try to emulate Ashraful....he is fascinating to watch when on song..however that is as rare as hali's comet. I am a firm believer that any cricketer who has the gift to hit the ball hard can also develop to be a good grafter but not viceversa....Chanderpaul was never a 150 strike rate batsmen...
I dont think anyone should try to emulate Ashraful....he is fascinating to watch when on song..however that is as rare as hali's comet. I am a firm believer that any cricketer who has the gift to hit the ball hard can also develop to be a good grafter but not viceversa....Chanderpaul was never a 150 strike rate batsmen...
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64024.html Innings 1. One of the fastest hundreds in the history of test cricket. History pwns you. Please try again, and try and reconcile facts with your argument next time.

So cricinfo writes that there will be no test series against SA next year, and perhaps this was the last test where people saw Sachin, Dravid and Laxman batting together on Indian soil. Last sighting of Indian Trinity?

few countries actually adhering to the Future Tours Programme, there might be no home Tests before the World Cup in 2011. Next year's series against South Africa will feature only ODIs and it's hard to see much enthusiasm on the part of the BCCI for a tour by New Zealand just three months before the first ball is bowled at the World Cup. While all three could still be around in the summer of 2011, Father Time has a habit of tapping you on the shoulder when few expect it. Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist gave it away before most expected them to, while Michael Vaughan didn't even play another Ashes Test after the high of 2005. If a combination of itineraries, ageing limbs and satiated minds ensure that the three are not seen in tandem again, those present at the CCI on Friday will look back with special fondness.
I won't watch a ball of IPL next year, if that is the case.