I have a terrible feeling the South Africa test series will be scrapped

According to the FTP, India are scheduled to play 3 tests and 5 ODIs against South Africa in February-March. However, there is a strong chance that IPL will murder that series. IPL starts on March 12. India's previous scheduled international match against Bangladesh ends on Jan. 28. 40 days doesn't appear to be enough time to hold a 3 test/5 ODI series....I have a feeling BCCI will scrap the tests and just play the 5 ODIs for obvious reasons or at the very least reduce it to a 2 test farce between the top 2 test teams in the world. :mad:

i am confused.its in the FTP but not here http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/match/fixtures_futures.html also in couple of articles its mentioned that India dont play any tests in 2010 after BD series
That link gets updated only after the final schedule is drawn up, which hasn't happened for the series yet. We are scheduled to play NZ at home next October and then SA away in Dec - Jan '10-'11
Guest Evil Mod Consortium
:angry_smile::angry_smile: If that happens I will officialy declare my hatred for IPL and start spamming this board with anti 20/20-IPL-Modi vitriol
If that happens I will lay off paavaar abooze and let you have a free run. :D
:angry_smile::angry_smile: If that happens I will officialy declare my hatred for IPL and start spamming this board with anti 20/20-IPL-Modi vitriol
double that offer. :weights:
I'm pretty sure the very same people would continue with their crazed following of the IPL even if the series is cancelled. I mean, they'd protest at first, but once the IPL actually starts, they'd remain glued to their TV sets.
I think the tour is scraped . Besides the three Tests in the upcoming home series against Sri Lanka, which begins in Ahmedabad on November 16, India play only two more Tests, in Bangladesh in January, in the 2009-10 season. There are no further Test series planned at least till the end of the 2010. http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/434448.html

Sachin has recently opined in the public that India should play more tests.. Will BCCI still go ahead and scrap the series or even make it a 2 test affair.. I doubt it.. and even if BCCI plans to do it, will Sachin accept it? With all the power he has, can he not force BCCI against that decision... it will be very bad, if BCCI does something like that and Sachin doesnt do anything about it..

I think there's enough sense in the BCCI to not scrap a test series in lieu of the IPL. And 40 days seems just enough time to squeeze in 3 tests and 5 ODIs. If thats really pushing it, they can probably curtail it to 3 tests + 3 ODIs.
Best option for BCCI is to scrap the tests and play 5 ODIS & 2 20/20s.