Check Obama - Manmohan talks live right now

ViruRulez

It makes me really proud as an Indian the kind of respect US giving to our PM.He is being honoured with first state dinner.It is obvious that US has tremendous amount of respect about our democracy.
..but it is entirely different question whether we actually practice democracy. Our PM was boasting about our "growth with values", I don't know who was he trying to fool here. Anyone who would pick up Indian newspaper will read Bal Thackeray's threats to anyone going against him and his vaanar jaati sena. What has our government done to stop such hooliganism ? Sachin Tendulkar without a doubt our country's biggest icon faces threats from such goons, who are we "aam janta" to speak against these thugs ? And our problems don't start/stop in Maharashtra it actually widespreads throughout our country where politicians take advantage of regionalism/religion biasness et al. Talk about living in a shell.

It makes me really proud as an Indian the kind of respect US giving to our PM.He is being honoured with first state dinner.It is obvious that US has tremendous amount of respect about our democracy.
respect ? its pure business , they need us more than we need them . obama looks very sly to me , not trust able

Our PM is the first world leader to be given an official state reception since Barack Obama began his presidency in January. :isalute:
respect ? its pure business , they need us more than we need them . obama looks very sly to me , not trust able
I agree to some extent. They need us and we also need them to some extent. So, it is pure business and it would be more fruitful than a pretended friendship. US is an existing superpower and India is an emerging superpower. In a few decades, India and US would be the two democracies to be within the world's top 3 economies (considering China remains communist) and hence this relationship would be a long term relationship. So, both countries would like to maintain friendly terms for sure. But Obama and US also looks for their own benefits and that is for sure. So, we should also look for our own benefit.