Least talked about aspect of Sehwag's batting !!

Andy

he has a very ordinary defensive technique. very susceptible to the incoming deliveries, the ones which nip back off the pitch.
I dont agree wid u..no opener in test match cricket can exist widout a sound defence!! When he looks to defend he is very gud!! Solid defence!! Covers the line of the ball and uses his backfoot..and front foot well!!
Okay.. Sehwag being susceptible to incoming delivery is NOT the "least talked about aspect of Sehwag's batting". We have discussed it several times. He also admitted that he doesn't have problem with swing.. but he has problem with seam movement. Everybody knows that. But it is mostly because of his compulsiviness to play on the off side. If he decides to defend incoming delivery he rarely puts a foot wrong.
Well i didnt say that Sehwag being susceptible to incoming delivery is least talked abt!! When i talked abt his least talked abt thngs..this thng just became part of it!! And even the ball seams around even the technicaly best batsman..gets prbs!! Seam movement is very difficult to pick..dan swing!!
Sehwag's greatest strength as a batsman is the stillness of head while executing any stroke - it gives him a lot of control over shots and more than makes up more any perceived weakness that he might have against the incoming or short pitch delivery' date= which I don't think he does anyway.
This is true for any batsmen...
Sehwag is also weak at incoming balls which is why he struggles against Asif.
This is the most weird part of our padosis... they think that if their bowler gets any Indian batsmen out once... that becomes their flaw... Asif has got Sehwag out only once with an incoming delivery and if I remember correctly only once in Test matches. Maybe some stat buffs can verify that info..
This is the most weird part of our padosis... they think that if their bowler gets any Indian batsmen out once... that becomes their flaw... Asif has got Sehwag out only once with an incoming delivery and if I remember correctly only once in Test matches. Maybe some stat buffs can verify that info..
Fully agree with you. The funny thing is that it is something ingrained in all their minds
Only once?? I have seen many bowlerrs like Lee & Akhtar dismissing Sehwag like that. Didnt you watched Sehwag struggle against Johnson inswing in recent ODIs??
:hysterical::hysterical: Yeah Sehwag got out to him once..in the test where Irfan got Hattrick...and it was Asif's 2nd test match of dat series!!
Only once?? I have seen many bowlerrs like Lee & Akhtar dismissing Sehwag like that.
Akhtar..got him out once in his whole career wid an Incoming delivery!! Never saw..geting sehwag..out like dat!! If u have video..plz show us!! In dat sense..we can say..even Afretard struggles agnst..Irfan..as he got him out many times..on the very first delivery!! If getting out a batsman once..dat means.. he struglles against..dat bowler..den..every pakistan bastman struggles against our bowlers..!! U cant deny dat..even our part timers have got..wickets of pakistani batsmen!!:winky:
Didnt you watched Sehwag struggle against Johnson inswing in recent ODIs??
What is the meaning of struggling?? It means..getting out to dat delivery...every match..and..not able to score frm dat delivery!! Bullshit..didnt u see...how many times..sehwag hit johnson for 4..when he drifted to his pads?? Dat means..he hit..boundaries..of incoming deliveries!!:--D Even hayden and Gilchrict got out..of Incoming deliveries!! many times in the last series australia played in India..particularly Hayden!! Does dat mean Hayden has weakness against incoming deliveries?? Den u really need to go and get few knowledge abt cricket!!