Least talked about aspect of Sehwag's batting !!

Andy

When we talk abt Sehwag..we thnk abt his strokeplay..Sixes and Fours!! His shots over the fielders head to the boundary!! But people talk very less about this man's Defence!! He may not have a defence of RD and SRT!! But he has a very gud defence..dat goes Unnoticed due to his talent in strokeplay!! No Test opener in world can exist widout a sound defence!! Leave alone having average over 50!! We all knw..dat Sehwag scores quick 50s 100s 150s 200s and even 300s at times!! But i still remember an Innings where he showed gud application..to stay at the crease..When India was in a spot of bother!! Of getting all out against australia in the 4th test in 2008 in australia!! http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvind/engine/match/291354.html He applied himself...and scored 151 runs..by playing out 77 overs...!! Now coming to his strokeplay people talk a lot abt his square cuts and drives...But does any1 knw..in his early days...He had a gr8 straight drive..almost copy book of the master/SRT!! In those days he used to play very straight..!! But todays hundred again brought back memmories of past..where sehwag had applied himself !! And played sum verygud straight drives!! He defended well too...which we hardy see these days in Sehwags innings!! People says..he struglles agnst short balls and In cuming deliveries!! Bull ****!!:finger: It was only during the last 1 year..of him getting dropped frm the team..he had all those problems!! Coz he was trying to play too much across the line...against the incoming deliveries!! And..his back foot wasnt moving as much..it used to move early in his carrer and after his comeback..in 2008!! Dat made him struggle against the short pitch deliveries!! Now coming to his bowling..he is a decent offspinner..as well!! Many may not agree wid me...But i have seen him turning ball more dan Bhajji..in same track!! He is a handy bowler as wel IMO!! So..overall..if Sehwag plays like today..after he was dropped by Jaya lady!! He can reach 30 test tons.. and may have 10000 runs in future as well!! Even in Sehwag cuts down his risky shots he will score more dan 6 runs per over!!

shall we wait till he plays in SA or AUS............i hope i;m wrong
His average in Australia is almost 60!! In SA he made an Hundred on Debut!! If we include Indias nightmarish series in South Africa his average is only 26 there!! But..during dat time..as i pointed out his mistakes in batting!! he was commiting dem..and India was going through its worst cricketing face!! Greg Chappal!!

There are obvious flaws in his technique no use in denying that. But his strength overcomes every damn flaw he has. His hand eye coordination and his mind works in a different universe according to me. I have seen Viru clouded in his judgement during that 2006 drought he had which got him dropped from the team, but after that he has shown tremendous application in some really tough situations. So as long as he has his mind clear he will continue to prosper!

There are obvious flaws in his technique no use in denying that. But his strength overcomes every damn flaw he has. His hand eye coordination and his mind works in a different universe according to me. I have seen Viru clouded in his judgement during that 2006 drought he had which got him dropped from the team' date= but after that he has shown tremendous application in some really tough situations. So as long as he has his mind clear he will continue to prosper!
What is the meaning of proper Technique?? The technique..with which u score bulk of runs!! He has done it..and prroved his technique is beter dan..the copy book techniques of players like Akash Chopra!!

Sehwag is a special talent and that enables him to succeed at the international level. But just because one is successful you cannot turn a blind eye on the shortcomings he has. Many have stated this before and i am stating it again to succeed at the international level it is more of the mental battle than the skill level. So once a player reaches that level he relies on his mind more than anything. I hold Viru really high in that aspect, but he is susceptible to the incoming delivery and short delivery as well. Stuart Clark and Asif really exploited his weakness in that area, but credit to him to have the kind of avg and the strike rate that he has. It is really phenomenal!

Okay.. Sehwag being susceptible to incoming delivery is NOT the "least talked about aspect of Sehwag's batting". We have discussed it several times. He also admitted that he doesn't have problem with swing.. but he has problem with seam movement. Everybody knows that. But it is mostly because of his compulsiviness to play on the off side. If he decides to defend incoming delivery he rarely puts a foot wrong.