Win the toss, Bat 1st

zubinpepsi

is the mantra to win a test match in India.. baaah... :cantstop:
It is true till some extent but when Viru plays...NOTHING stops him...
Yeah. Some idiots are going to get pwned. You play well' date=' you win.[/quote'] I want to see the nerds who claimed that you need proper technique to be a successful test batsman. Viru rarely uses footwork and yet he is one of the best :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:
It is true till some extent but when Viru plays...NOTHING stops him... I want to see the nerds who claimed that you need proper technique to be a successful test batsman. Viru rarely uses footwork and yet he is one of the best :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:
That raises the question "what is proper technique"? A batsman'e first priority is scoring runs. However when technique becomes the first priority of a batsman, it can be a problem. A perfect example would be Manjrekar. The guy was so obsessed with perfect technique that he forgot that a batsman has to score runs as well. That brought his downfall. Glimpses of the same can be seen with Dravid as well. But with Dravid technique has become his second nature. Tendulkar is one of the few exceptions who can combine perfect technique with top class aggression, but that is a superhuman quality not everyone is gifted with. Sehwag has as much technique as is needed for his style of batting. Anymore technique than that would become a liability for him. What exactly will he do with more technique than he already has? And as far as his foot work is concerned, he sometimes astounds with his accuracy. The inside out shots he was playing today off Herath had amazing precision. From the footwork right to the follow through, he was executing the shots with the precision of a surgeon. What more can one want?
That raises the question "what is proper technique"? A batsman'e first priority is scoring runs. However when technique becomes the first priority of a batsman, it can be a problem. A perfect example would be Manjrekar. The guy was so obsessed with perfect technique that he forgot that a batsman has to score runs as well. That brought his downfall. Glimpses of the same can be seen with Dravid as well. But with Dravid technique has become his second nature. Tendulkar is one of the few exceptions who can combine perfect technique with top class aggression, but that is a superhuman quality not everyone is gifted with. Sehwag has as much technique as is needed for his style of batting. Anymore technique than that would become a liability for him. What exactly will he do with more technique than he already has? And as far as his foot work is concerned, he sometimes astounds with his accuracy. The inside out shots he was playing today off Herath had amazing precision. From the footwork right to the follow through, he was executing the shots with the precision of a surgeon. What more can one want?
I was trying to say the samething in the other thread that only technique does not make one a good batsman. sooner or later UV will also go bersek on his day and prove my point...:bow: and I know that the pace at which UV can score is much greater than that of Laxman and It will happen...just watch out any ways, I won't start the whole "ramayan" in this thread as it belongs to Viru :hatsoff: Viru > Lax :king: