Stat Request

goose

Briliant query Varun. I guess this goes on to show that Sehwag's avg 100+ score is 189.06 which is even greater than Bradmans and far more than any player in the modern era.
And he has played 20 more matches. Bradman could not make 4 runs in last match, I wonder what he would have done later
you will understand when you have a missus a brat and a mortgage and a badass boss to deal with on a daily basis .... :winky:
:icflove: Hehe, thats quite alright. Your insights next time we get a "SRT doesn't deliver in pressure situations" or "Sehwag is overrated" thread (I give it another 5 days or so) should be more than enough. :D

So Sehwag has the highest average of any batsman, including Bradman, in scores over 100. That is incredible. Sehwag's strike rate warrants further praise and analysis. His headline strike rate is high enough, but amazingly, that strike rate goes higher still the longer and bigger he bats (although i haven't verified that - wonder what it is for 100+ knocks). 250 from 400 balls may or may not alter the course of a test match. 250 from 200 balls, however, will almost certainly do so. His strike rate when he bats big is winning India matches it might hitherto only realistically expect to draw. Hence, some adjustment to raw averages, one would normally only think of applying to limited overs is in order. What kind of strike rate did Bradman have? Did it go up down the bigger he batted?

Yes, Sehwag's strike rates does tend to increase in his larger innings. In his 19 scores between 50 and 99, only once has his strike rate passed 100 - that was in that game against England at Chennai last year. Between 100 and 199, again only once has he struck at over 100, in the century against Lanka at Kanpur. But amongst 200+ scores thrice he has struck at over 100 out of six innings, it is just incredible. Even in that double hundred at Galle, his strike rate was over 100 for much of his innings before he slowed down a little because of the constant fall of wickets after Gambhir was dismissed.