MCA Award to Muralitharan

graphic23

It was amongst one of those useless awards (such as "Ander se Solid partnership" or something like that!) that we see at the end of every series - but this one was particularly endearing, particularly for someone who has been a fan of Murali. To pick up nearly 800 wickets particularly in an age when the pitches are getting flatter and batsman's blades broader is an astonishing feat. I think his failures against Australia and India get highlighted a lot (and the fact that he got buckets of wickets vs. Bangladesh) but I'd say the man is very strong mentally to contend with this along with the whole argument of "he chucks" that we hear from the Australians and former spinner, present Idiot and television favorite, Bedi. And along with Sanath Jayasuriya, he's been an excellent servant to Sri Lankan cricket. I would say that he's been the singular reason Sri Lanka has risen from the depths in test and oneday cricket (though he's less "special" in the LOI formats). I think this is the last time he'll play on Indian soil (unless BCCI decide to schedule another random bilateral series vs. Lanka. :wall: ). I think he's a champion of the game (and obviously, a champion for his country - particularly with his efforts right after the Tsunami). Anyway, another one of my random threads.

I'd say the man is very strong mentally to contend with this along with the whole argument of "he chucks" that we hear from the Australians and former spinner, present Idiot and television favorite, Bedi. And along with Sanath Jayasuriya, he's been an excellent servant to Sri Lankan cricket.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: