Indians take themselves and their country a lot more seriously than Pakistanis do.

Lurker

It is quite natural for people to be Sympathetic towards others with whom they share something in common. This could be based on religion (hindu/muslim/...), nationality (Indians in Fiji), race (Tamils in SL), etc. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as you don't cross the boundary of civility like willing to commit acts of terrorism against the US cause you don't like the role of the US in Palestine. Also, this bond shouldn't make you blind to the facts like Paki Muslims claiming Muslims in India are suffering as a minority, etc.

It is quite natural for people to be Sympathetic towards others with whom they share something in common. This could be based on religion (hindu/muslim/...)' date=' nationality (Indians in Fiji), race (Tamils in SL), etc. .[/quote'] such birth identity based bonding is narrow mindedness and not far from descending into racism. remember only a section of society are chauvinists or racists. how come other people in the same society are free from such narrow mindedness ? In a distant foreign land, its always nice to see people from your region or place.because we share cultural affinity and also shared experiences. That much i can grant. but solid long term friendships either personally and politcally are only based on shared interests /values and ideology. and its certainly not natural to support people with whom you have little or no cultural linkage just because they share a religion or race .on a humanitarian basis, yes. there is no way all people of a religion or race or ethnicity will share similar ideology,simiilar interests, similar values. just because someone belongs to the same reliigon or race as i am, that does n't mean i share poltical interests or values or ideology with him. Its shared ideology/interests/ values that matters foremost. all those who cry hoarse "we are fighting for islam", "we are fighting for hinduism","we are fighting for tamils" etc they are all deluding themselves. theirs is an illusion. not practical .not an accurate view of society. only fantasies.

We take our country seriously because it's worth taking seriously.:adore: It's different for Pakistanis.
Ahhh.. that sums it up.. :two_thumbs_up: IMO, their problem starts with their education system.... but who cares.. shwetabh posted a graph.. so I am thinking let them keep fighting within their borders..