The irony of it all

cowboysfan

Jayasuriya still plays T20. Punter until recently played T20s. But i don't think any team takes the result of it seriously because of its nature. Difference in class between two teams reduce significantly in a T20 game. It almost becomes a lottery. We have a crap bowling team even for ODIs. You just have to reduce your expectations in a format like this. You cannot be consistent. To be honest T20 can spoil the mindset of batsmen. I would rather prefer us suck in T20 do well in other formats. I do not think there is a single team that does equally well in all formats.

Test cricket is better quality than other formats only when played on a lively pitch and against non-minnows. Watching a test vs the Bangbros or a team with players like Kallis or Turtle paul on a patta wicket is worse than watching paint dry. Give me a Tontee-tontee with India playing or an IPL game with CSK over these snooze-fests anyday. Now if you are talking test series vs the aussies or against any other non-minnow on a decent track, then yes it is worth spending the endless hours session after session and wait 5 days to get a result. And coming back to popularity, I am not sure what the exact numbers are, but there seems to be more interest in Tontee-tontees for the obvious reason that people can afford 3 hours of their time but not 5 days for a single match.