Dhoni's role

I dont understand sending him at 3, whats his role..Is he playing sheet anchor role? By looks of his innings in 2nd ODI he was doing that...30 odd off 50 odd... If thats what Dhoni is suppose to do, than I think its better to promote Yuvi, who will do that job admirably or send Dinesh Mongia..again he surely can have similar SRs. Dhoni should be used at 3 when we really need momentum...when chasing big targets etc..

Re: Dhoni's role

Dhoni should be used at 3 when we really need momentum...when chasing big targets etc..
Completly agree. With Dhoni, sehwag and Yuvraj in top 4 we arent left with tonkers down the order. Had Dhoni come at 6 or 7 in 2nd ODI we would have ended with a 300+ score.

Re: Dhoni's role You can't keep changing lineup all the time depending on whether you chase, bat first, it rains in the morning, yada yada yada - that is all part of the failed strategy prior to the world cup. You can adjust your lineup marginally if you have only a few overs left and want one of your big hitters to come ahead of say one of the accumulators. I am ok with Dhoni permanently at #3. The guy has 180+ and 140+ scores batting there for us and now a 91 although against the bangles.

Re: Dhoni's role one day cricket is all about flexibility... Dhoni averages 100+ when we chase and win. He is finisher..must have that special skill required to keep your cool while chasing.. If Dhoni is going to score at SR of 70 at number 3, then he doesnt belong there..anybody can do that kind of job..

Re: Dhoni's role

He is finisher..must have that special skill required to keep your cool while chasing..
What is he finishing when you have guys choking at the top at a 50 and 60 SR? By the time he comes we are several wickets down, in deep shyte in terms of RR, no power plays left more often than not.