Goa Congress MP says in Rajya Sabha that Russian rape victim in Goa deserved to be raped

ViruRulez

Its frightening to see that people dont have respect for others ... there was a road rage incident in Mumbai yesterday where couple of guys got so angry that they beat a guy in the other car and the dragged him for over 500meters ... He died on the spot. I think the govt has done nothing .. I still cant understand why the govt cant have penalties for crossing red lights , parking , cell phone usage while driving , negligent driving etc ... The fine as I know in Delhi right now is Rs 100 for crossing a traffic signal ... I dont know when the govt will wake up and remind people that there are rules and they need to be followed cuz right now everybody does/drives the way he wants ... rape - road rage - crossing red signal .. its all the same ie no respect for laws

Its frightening to see that people dont have respect for others ... there was a road rage incident in Mumbai yesterday where couple of guys got so angry that they beat a guy in the other car and the dragged him for over 500meters ... He died on the spot. I think the govt has done nothing .. I still cant understand why the govt cant have penalties for crossing red lights , parking , cell phone usage while driving , negligent driving etc ... The fine as I know in Delhi right now is Rs 100 for crossing a traffic signal ... I dont know when the govt will wake up and remind people that there are rules and they need to be followed cuz right now everybody does/drives the way he wants ... rape - road rage - crossing red signal .. its all the same ie no respect for laws
Daisy if they cant resepect fellow civilians what makes you think they will respect the law??

Daisy if they cant resepect fellow civilians what makes you think they will respect the law??
Money! There has to be some sort of punishment for these small things like jumping lights .. that will make people realize that there are laws and they need to follow the rules and *respect * others on the road. Its funny that even adults need to be reminded that there are punishments if they dont follow rules. Slowly people will learn to appreciate others, understand that other people also want to get home asap. PS: Im not saying that India will become ramrajya but still small things will make a difference.. right now its free for all

The only difference is that in other parts of the world most men would not take advantage of such a situation. It is called being a Gentleman.
Gross generalization. @ Daisy, nazar mat laga tu ab Goa pe. :whack: (I don't have turkey eyes yet :woot:) I iz hoping to go this time :pray:

Money! There has to be some sort of punishment for these small things like jumping lights .. that will make people realize that there are laws and they need to follow the rules and *respect * others on the road. Its funny that even adults need to be reminded that there are punishments if they dont follow rules. Slowly people will learn to appreciate others, understand that other people also want to get home asap. PS: Im not saying that India will become ramrajya but still small things will make a difference.. right now its free for all
who's gonna follow all that up?? for example here if you get a speeding fine you either pay it or they convict you possibly even ban you! i can only imagine over there all you have to do is bribe them (probably much less than the fine itself) and that would be enough to close the case!

viru rulez - how many hours a day is the news channel on? You seem to find all the news items. @OP: Moron MP needs to be arrested.
It has been in the news for the past two days.. in fact, just now there was a CNN IBN debate over it where the moron MP was also in the CNN IBN offices .. he was a lot more behaved now .. but he said that the tourists have to protect themselves and should behave properly :dontknow: But what I was more surprised is that CNN IBN was just running a SMS poll with the question "Has foreign tourists destroyed Goa" or something like that? And at the end of the show, there were fecking 51% SMS in support of Goa being destroyed by foreign tourists while 49% said no. I dont know what the fecking BS were those 51% . Goa is a tourist destination and it was a Portuguese colony till a few decades ago. So, they cannot expect full Indian culture there and we cannot expect Goans to be as conservative as most other places. Goa is a place of fun, masti and beaches and so it is India's top tourist destination. Sometimes I feel sad for a section of the illiterate masses who believe everything should go according to their wish. Tourists as well as common people should be given security thats it. Instead of giving all those sh!tty explanations the MP should have told that they would improve the security in the state.

Just to confirm one more thing, news channels are reporting that the Goa politician (accused of raping) has already vanished into thin air though Goa HC already issued a non-bailable warrant against him. Russian consulate has also written to Goa CM that the govt. should ensure proper security and guidelines for the tourists or they will ask their tourists to refrain going to Goa. According to news reports, the foreign tourists to Goa has already decreased by 13% since the last rape and murder of a British teenager during 2008. And now Indian foreign minister has said that the responsibility of the safety of tourists is of the Indian govt. and they would be protected. But he also said that the tourists should be a bit cautious.