Australia vs Pakistan in Australia, 2009-10

iHammad

Younus impressed by Yousuf captaincy di di LAHORE – Pakistan captain Younus Khan was impressed by the captaincy and batting of star batsman Mohammad Yousuf who led the Pakistan team to a drawn series against New Zealand in New Zealand. Talking to the journalists here at the National cricket Academy, Younus dispelled the impression that his career is over. “I took the coaching course because I have several plans and learnt several things from the course and its wrong to say that my cricket career is over.†“I haveSports?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Sports?i=fVk6aHEXEaA:_jBJex6KfFQ:V_sGLiPBpWU fVk6aHEXEaAMore...

There seems to be a fundamental problem between Yousuf and Younis, it appears to be an ego of peers. I noticed a similar problem between Waqar and Wasim and in both cases captaincy is the instrument they use to flex that ego. Wonder how the relationship will be..

Boxing Day pitch to bowlers MCG curator Cameron Hodgkins is hopeful his next pitch won't be too batsman-friendly and will resemble the one used in last year's Boxing Day Test. More... Doug Bollinger demands Boxing Day Test spot December 21, 2009 02:18pm AUSTRALIA paceman Doug Bollinger believes he deserves to be picked for the Boxing Day Test against Pakistan, starting at the MCG on Saturday. Bollinger was the pick of the bowlers in the third Test against the West Indies in Perth, finishing with match figures of 8-141 to narrowly miss out on man-of-the-match honours as Australia secured a 35-run win. But with Peter Siddle and Ben Hilfenhaus expected to be available for the Boxing Day Test after recovering from injury, the left-arm speedster faces a fight to retain his place in the side. Boxing Day pitch to bowlers It comes as MCG curator Cameron Hodgkins predicts the pitch will favour bowlers. The MCG wickets have played well so far this season, although the bat easily dominated in the most recent first-class match, when Victoria beat South Australia with a last-day pursuit after the first three innings were all declared. In that game, which finished just over a week ago, the 18 wickets that fell cost almost 70 runs apiece. Hodgkins said he would prefer to prepare a similar wicket to the one from last year's Test, when the batsmen from South Africa and Australia prospered although they had to combat some reverse swing and there were wickets for those good enough, such as the Proteas' Dale Steyn, who claimed 10 for the game. "So far there's been good pace and carry and the good bowlers are getting wickets," Hodgkins said on Monday. "In the last game there was plenty of grass, but the only ingredient missing was there wasn't much nibble. "We'd always like a bit of sideways movement, but it's hard to get and a fine line between what's right and what's too much, so it's easier to be conservative." "If we can get one similar to last year I'd be pretty happy." As for spin, Hodgkins predicted tough work for the likes of Australia's Nathan Hauritz, although Pakistan legspinner Danish Kaneria took a first-innings 5-125 in the tourists' last visit, in the summer of 2004-05. Victorian legspinner Bryce McGain took seven wickets for the game against Western Australia in November, but wickets for spinners have been scarcer in the past two Sheffield Shield games. "Traditionally there's not any extra turn, although good bowlers take wickets," Hodgkins said. "We're not known as a turning wicket, it's more one for the quicks."

Hughes drafted into Aussie squad as cover for Ricky Ponting for Boxing Day Test Australia have drafted New South Wales opener Phillip Hughes as cover for injured captain Ricky Ponting for the first Test against Pakistan at the MCG starting Boxing Day. More... Phil Hughes into Aussie squad as cover for Ricky Ponting for Boxing Day Test December 21, 2009 A Australia have drafted New South Wales opener Phillip Hughes as cover for injured captain Ricky Ponting for the first Test against Pakistan at the MCG starting Boxing Day. Australia expect Ponting to overcome his elbow injury and play, but have put Hughes on standby should the 35-year-old Ponting be forced out of his first Test in five years. Ponting was hurt when struck on the elbow by a Kemar Roach delivery on the first day of the third Test against the West Indies at the WACA Ground. The selectors also included paceman Peter Siddle in the 13-man squad, who has overcome the hamstring soreness that kept him out of Australia's win in Perth. But there was no room for fellow paceman Ben Hilfenhaus despite him returning to cricket for his club side on the weekend. Cricket Australia said Hilfenhaus reported more knee pain after he took four wickets for his club University.