Australia killing test cricket with their flat pitches.

In case you forgot in last five years Aussies had two gentlemen who are called McGrath and Warne to go along with great batting line up to batter opposing bowlers into submission. Once that bowling along with attacking batsmen quit. we are left with mediocre Aussie team who will struggle to get 20 wickets or score more than 300 runs/day on consistent basis to give their bowlers time to get those 20 wickets. Didn't we see this day coming for Aussies way back in 2003-04 when Indians hammered Aussie bowlers without Warne and McGrath.They still had great batsmen in that team, if this batting line up was there then Indians would have walloped them in that series instead of drawing that series.
lol....its in a way a tribute to their pitches that they produced such champion bowlers. You have slow pitches like in abu dhabi where even steyn cant take 20 paki wickets, thts what i cal disgraceful wicket alongwith the ahmdabad one. Although Hyd one was a better one (tht match was also a draw)
And stats for Brisbane. Strauss s/r for his ton was under 50. And so was the attacking Haddins for his ton. Seems like pitch was not conducive to stroke play in Brisbane. Unlike ahmenbad were Sehwag and Bhaji excelled with stoke play and high strike rates!
As I said, sehwag is one of his kind. if you excluded sehwags innings that test match run rate is an abysmal 2.5(approx) rpo
As I said' date=' sehwag is one of his kind. if you excluded sehwags innings that test match run rate is an abysmal 2.5(approx) rpo[/quote'] Yeah good point! Why not exclude bhajis knock as well. Also dont include the lowest strike rates for Brisbane test as well, as only then will it be fair statistical anlysis! The holy cows must be protected at all times!
Yeah good point! Why not exclude bhajis knock as well. Also dont include the lowest strike rates for Brisbane test as well, as only then will it be fair statistical anlysis! The holy cows must be protected at all times!
Lol....it was you who mentioned sehwag's SR, not me. You can go n compare the overall rpo for both the tests, brisbane test wud 've significantly higher rpo http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2010-11/engine/match/428749.html http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-new-zealand-2010/engine/match/464531.html And in general, it was a better spectacle to see more strokes being played (even for no runs) than on ahemdebad.
lol....its in a way a tribute to their pitches that they produced such champion bowlers. You have slow pitches like in abu dhabi where even steyn cant take 20 paki wickets' date=' thts what i cal disgraceful wicket alongwith the ahmdabad one. Although Hyd one was a better one (tht match was also a draw)[/quote'] You must kidding right pitches don't produce champions , it is like saying Indian pitches produced Sehwag and Tendulkar. Personally I don't rate Steyn that high unless there is swing conventional or reverse swing he is not effective, he does not have any other go to weapons like leg cutter or bouncer, we all saw how well he bowled at Eden Gardens when there was no swing available to him. How is gabba different to all the pitches you have mentioned yet it seems like you are in awe of that pitch.
You must kidding right pitches don't produce champions , it is like saying Indian pitches produced Sehwag and Tendulkar. Personally I don't rate Steyn that high unless there is swing conventional or reverse swing he is not effective, he does not have any other go to weapons like leg cutter or bouncer, we all saw how well he bowled at Eden Gardens when there was no swing available to him. How is gabba different to all the pitches you have mentioned yet it seems like you are in awe of that pitch.
Completely wrong post. If India had better pitches for fast bowling, india woudl have definitely prodoced better fast bowlers over the years. I rate steyn pretty high. he is my favorite infact Not in awe of gabba pitch, I just believe it wasnt as bad as ahemdbad n abu dhabi..
one more thing is media from sub-continent still lives in colonial age where anything happens in west is always right and also good.That is the reason they keep drooling over them and can never find anything wrong.They just cannot go past their thinking to say it was just an awful pitch. The media from west think how can anything good happen in sub-continent thats why you get headlines how test cricket is dying in here, how boring the cricket is here in sub continent forgetting so called home of cricket lords has one of the flattest wicket.This test also except Peter every media member found cricket as enthralling. They are labeling this Ashes as some kind of savior for test cricket and over hyped this one to death. In reality this has been the most boring one sided affairs in last two decades except one series in 2005.
One of the best replies in this thread. If there was POTW, I'd certainly nominate this.
Completely wrong post. If India had better pitches for fast bowling, india woudl have definitely prodoced better fast bowlers over the years. I rate steyn pretty high. he is my favorite infact Not in awe of gabba pitch, I just believe it wasnt as bad as ahemdbad n abu dhabi..
Then how come Pakistan has produced some of the best fast bowlers with flattest pitches. Well so be it if that is your opinion about Gabba but I have different opinion, we are allowed to have different opinions. for me boring draw is boring it doesn't matter where it is played.
Then how come Pakistan has produced some of the best fast bowlers with flattest pitches. Well so be it if that is your opinion about Gabba but I have different opinion, we are allowed to have different opinions. for me boring draw is boring it doesn't matter where it is played.
Pakis have produced few grt bowlers because they always have thrown them striaght in national side at a young age. They didnt waste their bowlers in FC cricket. Akhtar also said that dead pitches in pakistan are killing their cricket and their FC standard is very average. A draw could be interesting too. On slow tracks, skill of a bowler and a batsman counts to zero. and it is painful to watch. Even you and me could play for a day doing tuk tuk against good international bowling on such tracks.
Regardless of the pitch' date=' first two days of this Test match had everything and both teams were bundled out. There should have been a result, both team's bowling was awful during second inning. It's as simple as that.[/quote'] ++ bowling n catching were awful. Rub of the green didnt go the bowlers way. Some backs to the wall resolute batting. Flat pitch.....combination of all these factors but the main one was the one you mentioned i guess.
Gabba attendances were close to full house all the way upto Day 4. No one went to Day 5 because it was a Monday' date=' the game was headed for a draw.[/quote'] WRONG Stats have busted that myth as posted by sachin god. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Ashes_series Obsereve the siddel hatrick thread were this is discussed. Day 4 was just about half full. And no days were sell outs!
WRONG Stats have busted that myth as posted by sachin god. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Ashes_series Obsereve the siddel hatrick thread were this is discussed. Day 4 was just about half full. And no days were sell outs!
ffs the ground capacity is only 41k, and having a few thousands seats empty isnt good enough? This city I live in has a population of 1.6mill, and to fill it up of around 35k for the first 3 days is a impressive feat. :finger: And what a great decision by the fans to not go the final two days to watch a borefest of only 2 wickets falling. And that too dominated by england. I would like to see Mumbai which has the population of the whole of Australia fill up 5 days of a test match. Then you can talk.