Worst Series India played this decade

Mamu

Bangalore test he got a 50 only !! [May be am wrong] the 102 u are talking abt...yes he did well there!! But i don remember any other performance :dontknow:
Banglore test : Afridi made a quick fifty, the second fasstest in tst history, so pak can declae quickly, and that paid off because we won in the lasst moments of the test. plus he took thee wickets in the last inning, sehwag and ganguly for sue, the thri one i think it was tendulkar, but that was surely a batman... o that was a brilliant all round pfomance.... 4th ODI : Pakistan were chasing 316 in 48 oves : he made 44 in 23balls so that ALL the other batsmen can bat at a run a ball... 5th ODI : 102... 6th ODI : Again giving a great start, 44 in 22 balls, with 22 of the second ovr of the match.. All in all great series for Afridi...
Banglore test : Afridi made a quick fifty, the second fasstest in tst history, so pak can declae quickly, and that paid off because we won in the lasst moments of the test. plus he took thee wickets in the last inning, sehwag and ganguly for sue, the thri one i think it was tendulkar, but that was surely a batman... o that was a brilliant all round pfomance.... 4th ODI : Pakistan were chasing 316 in 48 oves : he made 44 in 23balls so that ALL the other batsmen can bat at a run a ball... 5th ODI : 102... 6th ODI : Again giving a great start, 44 in 22 balls, with 22 of the second ovr of the match.. All in all great series for Afridi...
The quick fire 40s u are counting as match winning one..let me tell u... Sehwag scores quickfire 40-50 every 2nd match!!:winky:
The quick fire 40s u are counting as match winning one..let me tell u... Sehwag scores quickfire 40-50 every 2nd match!!:winky:
hmmmm 2 things : I am comparing no one here, but all 40's don't win you matches and not have the same impact on the match... that be afridi's, shewag's or david's... You tell me did afridi's 40's had an conideable impat on these matches? Epeecially the one in the chase?? As i told you no other pak batsmen had to bat better than a run a ball just because of afridi's 40... Just look how many boundaries pak midle order hit in that chase, very few, because they didn't had to take risk, or even take care of the run rate... Mate i am really not arguing, i really think that were very good One day innings... maybe sehwag has even better 40s, 50s, 100s, 20s.... I just said what i think about that series....
^ Got to admit saala Afretard was a huge factor in our Bangalore test loss - there were only 6 overs left in the match when we lost our final wicket and that 50 odd on the 4th day made it real difference. Ganguly didn't help with his braindead captaincy either and then the 3 wickets in the last innings.
Can u elaborate which decision in dat match made u unhappy??
^^^40s never wins u matches..they only provide u a gud start!!
40's never win u matches, but can play parts, like today's mathwes 37... Even a afridi 25 won us a big match in ngland agaisnt india in the ICC champion trophy... Evey score should be taken into situation.... That is too much off topic... We should stop here...
I disagree. Had dilshan not got dat 100 it wud have been curtains for Lanka!!
Had mathwes not made this 37 of 25 it would have beend curtains for lanka!! As it was in the lastmatch,dilshan scored 160 but stil not enough... What i mean is that surely the MAIN match winner is dilshan in the second ODI, but still mathwes's innings is of primordial importance... You can't win matches lonely....
1. The 1-1 draw in Zimbabwe 2. The 0-2 loss to South Africa at home 3. The 1-2 loss to BAW last year
They all should be counted 1 1- in Zimbabwe was more a freak incident. 0-2 to RSA -- RSA was clearly a far better team. No regrets there at all. 1-2 BAW and and again BAW and SL owned India. No regrets there too Going back to WI -- India was a superior team. And there were 5 tests to get used to the WI conditions and win, yet they screwed up. BTW this is only TEST matches. I am not talking about ODI/T-20/T-10/Tape Ball Cricket/Gully cricket series etc etc.