Srilanka and the spirit of cricket.

Andy

Scene 1:Rajkot: In a tight situation srilankan batsman sneaked a single of the overthrow tht was deflected frm the batsman's body.also i remember in past(most probab in 2004) when DADA was furious for srilankan players sneaking a runs from the overthrow frm deflection frm thr body part or bat. Scene 2:Nagpur one day:Gambhir wa given out after his collision with welegedra(tht was intentional by wele, u can see the replay). This is something tht doesn't makes a gud impression on fans of cricket. Same thing has been done the OZs in thy r quite infamous about tht also! what say?

I am not sure about the extra-run off the deflection of the batsmen's body, but Lanka were well within their rights to claim the Gambhir wicket. Welegedera had his back pointed at Gautam and was merely trying to back up the ball. It was incumbent upon Gautam to avoid him, not the other way around.

i was amazed by the lankans when they took the single in the lasst match, because earlier this year in t20 againt pakistan the same thing happennd, afridi took the second run but then decided to cancel it, and this samelankans were making a big issue of it... where as the run out i concernd, i don't think w an blamee them, that was not intntional at all...

i was amazed by the lankans when they took the single in the lasst match, because earlier this year in t20 againt pakistan the same thing happennd, afridi took the second run but then decided to cancel it, and this samelankans were making a big issue of it... where as the run out i concernd, i don't think w an blamee them, that was not intntional at all...
Precisely why that run that day was so hypocritical. I don't have problems if they chose to take the run. But they should not be doing what they themselves object to.
Precisely why that run that day was so hypocritical. I don't have problems if they chose to take the run. But they should not be doing what they themselves object to.
yes, but i personnally think fo the spirit of the game these kinds of runs should not bee taken in any situation... lankans were really poor...