Football team of the decade

Sooda

Offer your opinions... heres what i think the best of the last 10 yrs are- Kahn Cafu, Cannavaro ©, Puyol, Roberto Carlos Gattuso, Pirlo Messi-Zidane-Ronaldino Shevchenko Thought of playing Figo in Messis role, but stuck with Messi as he would give more of a goal scoring threat. Also went for Shev as the striker- The Brazilian Ronaldo was the other consideration but whilst he was good for a few years at the start of the 00's his best was in the 90's. Henry, Ruud v N and Raul were the other ones. Henry may not like that out and out strikers role so much and Shevs got bit more of an all round game IMO than van Nis and Raul. Kahn was fantastic for Ger at the 02 WC and was very good for Bayern when they had a cracking team till about 6/7 yrs ago. Gattuso and Pirlo as the engine room of the WC winning Italians and the fine Milan team of the mid 00's get the midfield slots. Two solid leaders at centrehalf. Both won major honours with national teams and Puyol of course has two Champions Leagues. Thought of putting Rio in there as someone who can bring the ball out...? Thundering full backs should provide good attacking impetous- WC winners and CL winners both- cant see anyone else taking those roles. Figo, C Ronaldo, Thuram, Buffon, Vieira, A Cole and Zambrotta to name but few- near misses Edit: Almost forgot- Ancelotti to manage...?

Ok here goes my Team!!

Gianluigi Buffon Cafu Terry Ferdinand Paolo Maldini Cristiano Ronaldo Zidane Roy Keane Ryan Giggs Etto Thierry Henry

P.S : I have selected those players who have stayed at top consistently for a minimum of 5-6 years in dis decade!! I have missed many legends of the game!! But this is my team!! People can gracefully disagree wid me!!

Ok here goes my Team!!

Gianluigi Buffon Cafu Terry Ferdinand Paolo Maldini Cristiano Ronaldo Zidane Roy Keane Ryan Giggs Etto Thierry Henry

P.S : I have selected those players who have stayed at top consistently for a minimum of 5-6 years in dis decade!! I have missed many legends of the game!! But this is my team!! People can gracefully disagree wid me!!

i disagree wid you!!

Can't get a formation, coz they all play different systems, but these are my personal favourites from this decade. Goal Keepers Cech, Buffon, Given. Centre Backs Nesta, Terry, Campbell, Carragher, Maldini. Fullbacks Maldini, Evra, Cole, Lahm Central Defensive Midfielders Makelele, Vieira, Keane, Gattuso, Essien Midfielders Fabregas, Gerrard, Scholes, Iniesta Attacking Midfielders / Wingers Zidane, Ronaldo, Pires, Kaka, Robben Strikers Henry, Messi, Torres.

Cheers Andy :two_thumbs_up: Good team for sure. Not sure about some of them- Keane did little outside the prem in the decade and same for Terry. Henry and Eto'o will be one hell of an attack though.
Sooda i have chosen those players who have remained at the Top for 5-6 years consitently!! Terry have been the rock for England National team for many years now!!He is a rock for Chelsea at the back in CL too!! Now we cant expect him to score goals!! As far as Keane is concerned Keane won CL in 99 but after 2000 his european contribution wasnt dat prominent!! But i wud like to bring his International performance..He was very much Instrumental for Ireland in WC 2002 qualifiers!! Though he didnt play in WC!! U can replace Keane wid Gerrard!! No question abt his CL and EPL performance!!

Gianluigi Buffon G Neville-------------Nesta-------------Paolo Maldini-------------R Carlos Keane C Ronaldo-------------Giggs Zidane Luis Ronaldo-----------Henry

Reserves Recber Rustu Evra Makelele Torres Messi Thuram Totti Manager SAF

Very Gud Team:two_thumbs_up: But i have doubts abt Neville's contribution in dis deacde!!

Thats a good side. CR and Giggs will push out wide meaning its a 4-1-3-2 , so possibly a bit open to counter attacks with Keane doing all the shielding (having said that Giggs and CR work pretty hard trakcing back after being under SAF tutelage) Itll be a great team going forward thats for sure. Neville is a good call won a CL and about 5 (?) Prems this decade. Not bad going. Your guys teams are too premiership-focussed :headshake: Ive got no EPL players hehe

Can't get a formation, coz they all play different systems, but these are my personal favourites from this decade. Goal Keepers Cech, Buffon, Given. Centre Backs Nesta, Terry, Campbell, Carragher, Maldini. Fullbacks Maldini, Evra, Cole, Lahm Central Defensive Midfielders Makelele, Vieira, Keane, Gattuso, Essien Midfielders Fabregas, Gerrard, Scholes, Iniesta Attacking Midfielders / Wingers Zidane, Ronaldo, Pires, Kaka, Robben Strikers Henry, Messi, Torres.
XI :orderorder:

Thats a good side. CR and Giggs will push out wide meaning its a 4-1-3-2 , so possibly a bit open to counter attacks with Keane doing all the shielding (having said that Giggs and CR work pretty hard trakcing back after being under SAF tutelage) Itll be a great team going forward thats for sure. Neville is a good call won a CL and about 5 (?) Prems this decade. Not bad going. Your guys teams are too premiership-focussed :headshake: Ive got no EPL players hehe
Sooda Currently EPL is the best league in the world as per Rankings!!:two_thumbs_up:

Sooda Currently EPL is the best league in the world as per Rankings!!:two_thumbs_up:
And the english team (soccer/cricket/rugby) is the best team in their respective games :giggle: Bundesliga is very very underrated.

And the english team (soccer/cricket/rugby) is the best team in their respective games :giggle: Bundesliga is very very underrated.
Rugby?? :dontknow: Cricket?? Am currently suporting dem agnst Saffies!!:winky: Football!!?? As our country have supported our cricket team during its worst days I do the same to the English Football Team!!:two_thumbs_up: Yes i rate Bundesliga over Serie A!!:winky:

Very Gud Team:two_thumbs_up: But i have doubts abt Neville's contribution in dis deacde!!
It was a toss up between G Neville and Willy Sagnol...and I choose Nev mainly because of his overall contribution to the team plus he had a killer cross during his prime. Frankly, there isn't much to choose between the two and I like them both.
Your guys teams are too premiership-focussed :headshake: Ive got no EPL players hehe
:nono: I have only four EPL based players and they are the best in what they do..so hard to leave them out.

its def. the patriots ppl o you fools talking about gayball and not nfl...
For the 10000000000th time. What you watch is EGGball and NOT football. Real football is played in South America's, Europe, Austral-asia :dance: