Absence of Chris Broad and his Klan of officials..

asterix

...has been a blessing in disguise for the Poyzz in this series against Australia. The Aussies seems to be very subdued and are not playing their 'natural game'..Since there are smiles and handshakes every where and absence of shoulder barging, nasty stares and words has enabled Poyzz to feel no heat or pressure and are able to concentrate on their cricket. This series is turning out to be most friendly series in Australia in recent memory. Lucky Poyzz..

78 views and not a single reply. May be I made a mistake in posting my views about the present series between Australia and Pakistan. I do feel than other teams were less fortunate than Pakistan by facing so much of hostilities while touring Australia. I'm in the firm believe that the absence of Chris Broads cushion is hampering Aussies to go all out against Pakistan..

That's true, Swethabh. But I feel that whole 'system' is missing this time. Usually the visiting team had to cop up lot's of 'talk' and 'theories' in the media and the retired Aussie players joining in to take the pot shots. Then the current Aussie players taking potshot and once the series starts, target individual players.. In the current match, the 2 Pak openers were not put 'under pressure' the way they put Gambhir and Sehwag.. I was wondering if a favorable Match refree like Chris Broad or Proctor would've been present and umpires like Bowden and Rudi officiating, the Aussies still had this 'Jeet Lo Pakistani Dil' approach?