What do our fellow posters remind u of ?

Bumper

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Avi- The Marauder. Avi aka Anakin doesn't say much, but when he does, he leaves you in no doubt at all as to where he stands. Capable of some of the most devastating one liners (probably bettered only by Yoda), Avi can destroy your confidence, or make your day with just a couple of smileys.

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Awwww...why thanks D. Im not sure how true that is..but its very nice and I shall try and live up to it >>[sooda- Happiness. Sooda is a picture of joie-de-vivre (joy of living). He comes across an incredibly happy person, in victory and in defeat, in battles and at peace time, there is never a moment when he does not exude happiness. You can't be grumpy with Sooda around. ]

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ?

Ravi- Meticulous, thorough. He hates disorder, like Hercule Poirot. Have you ever seen him make an one line post? He believes in doing things well or not at all.
Agree with that Dhondy, I hate leaving things mid way. You are absolutely spot on about keeping things in order. Whether be it cricket, forums, home everything needs to be in order. Probably a bit too descriptive and expressive but that is because I want to ensure I'm fully understood. Good observations BTW and you got an eye for detail :wtg:

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? dhondy, mereko embrace karta hai saala. le pakad: Dhonds -- an impression i have about him is that he's very inquisitive. the expression, "g**d mein khujli" applies 100%. Bheem -- Couldn't have had a more apt nickname. An online colossus, giant among men. Takkar with bheem == pressing the big red button that says 'self-destruct'. Shwetabh -- logic. liberal/libertarian. rarely have i disagreed with his views online. Bumper -- the nicest 'funny guy' or funniest 'nice guy' i have ever seen. it's hard being polite without being boring (i tried, and ended up being boring without being polite) -- so i don't know how this 'bhodrolok' does it. gator -- go-getter. good sense of humor. strong ops, always up for a discussion. similar khujli in nether-regions. rahul -- presence. haven't spoken with him ever, or even had a decently long online conv. but from his writing it feels like i know him.

Awwww...why thanks D. Im not sure how true that is..but its very nice and I shall try and live up to it >>[sooda- Happiness. Sooda is a picture of joie-de-vivre (joy of living). He comes across an incredibly happy person, in victory and in defeat, in battles and at peace time, there is never a moment when he does not exude happiness. You can't be grumpy with Sooda around. ]

Guest dada_rocks

Dada Rocks- Arrogance. Dada exudes arrogance, and God help anybody who slights him. Has a very superior air about him, and honestly I would hesitate to ask him the basics of something I didn't know. Dada might just laugh at me. Yet, we all know he is a really nice chap!
So that's how I came of. May be doc assessment based on internet interaction is not that accurate.:-) I am the last person who would say anything offensive to anyone in person that's what my supervisor thought at least, not that I don't want to but I have this beleif that it doesn't serve any purpose. I don't know how to say no to anything in real life. I hate the status anxiety most prevalent in higher education where people just bore u to death with their degree their publication yada yadad, didn't know I was myself a victim of that. :-(

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Spot on with all the profiles, Vroom. Dada, just my two bit. Please don't be offended. I greatly admire your intellect . Anyway, carrying on with the profiles. Guyintheblue- Passion. As his name reflects, GIB is passionate about things he believes in. On the old board, he was Anu_D's most passionate adversary, and never let her extreme views go unchallenged for a moment. Careful though, GIB! Hate is the cousin to love! Cavalier Carver- Omniscient. CC universally gives the impression of "Mr Know it All". There isn't a thing under the sun CC can't hold his own at..from the Vedas, to the amount of testosterone in red meat, to the secularism of Muslims in Kasmir, CC is the man, if you are looking for a good debate. Take care though! He is really good at it, and can only be matched by behemoths such as Boss! Raj- Laid back. I've never seen Raj get excited about little things. His Punjabi origins belie his calm and composed nature. His way is to add to the debate with a succint statement of fact, and then leave the floor to the gladiators. Quasimodo- Fairness. Quasim runs the biggest Pakistani cricket message board in the world. It would have been very easy to turn parochial, partisan or one eyed. But Quasim has remained scrupulously fair to all posters, whatever their nationality, and commands very high respect among the internet denizens indeed! Sadly, our only Pakistani poster. So far.

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Gullu- Giant. I could find no other description for Gullu. If you followed his posts on the old board, you'd know that he comes across as a giant amomng posters, with his measured, well thought out views, which he can escalate into laser sharp indictments at the touch of a pen, and leave you screaming for more.

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Don- Restless. Don aka Straight Drive is the archetypal restless guy of this forum. He has already changed his name twice since I have known him. He was another one, along with PK, whose impatience with ICF saw him branch out to a new board. We'll have to work hard to keep Don interested. restless is actually quite correct, i get bored with challenges in life, always lookin for the next one. So gotta give u that one doc. :hail:

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Predator- Hard hitting. Blunt, almost to the point of being brutal, Predator is certainly not one to hold back. He has very strong opinions, and he is not at all shy about expressing them. It helps that he underpins his opinions with his voracious reading and viewing. An informed assassin, if ever there was one, and very similar to the next poster that I shall profile (Any guesses?)

Guest dada_rocks

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? No problemo: Kabirdas kahte hain; "Nindak niyare rakhiye angan kuti chhabaye bin saboon pani bina nirmal laro subhaye" :-)

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? WOW!! Some superb analysis by you guys and quite flattering to see some kind words about me. Believe me I am not such a nice guy. :smirk: The biggest difference between the ICF of yesteryear and this one is vroomfondel. He was a very articulate but shy poster there and would leave you longing for more posts from him. He has really come into his own here and shown us a superbly humous side of his personality.

Predator- Hard hitting. Blunt' date=' almost to the point of being brutal, Predator is certainly not one to hold back. He has very strong opinions, and he is not at all shy about expressing them. It helps that he underpins his opinions with his voracious reading and viewing. An informed assassin, if ever there was one, and very similar to the next poster that I shall profile (Any guesses?)[/quote'] Got it in one, Doc'. I am guessing the next guy you plan to profile is dsr ?