Sachin Tendulkar :- Impact in test matches won

sunit224

Hi Everyone, At the outset let me say this thread is not for comparisons between players. This is not to potray any player lesser than Sachin or otherwise. This is just for an honest appreciation for a cricketer called The Master and to recount the Impact that he has had in India winning or saving the games over his career. In this We can discuss how many matches he has won for us by his batting and how many has he saved. I am trying to do this becasue everytime i have a discussion about the best player (me being a Sachin FAN), everyone complains that he has not given any match winning performances. By match winning performances it does not necessarily mean the 4th innings of a test match. Any innings with a substancial impact on the match will count. Let us objectively discuss how many performances can we highlight. PS: Pls do not get into any comparisions and this thread is only for his batting exploits and not for bowling - which has also done some wonders :dance:

To start with i would highlight his latest performance: India Vs England 2008: Set a stiff target of 387 int he 4th innings to win the test match, Sehwag started in his own way that only he can. He started with a blaze and then master took over from him to steady the chase and not let any jitters run in the dressing room. It was a fabolous and flawless innings choking the life out of England without giving even a single chance. Master finished 103 notout, hitting the winning runs (a boundry) achieveing win and century together. :dance:

To start with i would highlight his latest performance: India Vs England 2008: Set a stiff target of 387 int he 4th innings to win the test match, Sehwag started in his own way that only he can. He started with a blaze and then master took over from him to steady the chase and not let any jitters run in the dressing room. It was a fabolous and flawless innings choking the life out of England without giving even a single chance. Master finished 103 notout, hitting the winning runs (a boundry) achieveing win and century together. :dance:
You forgot the on the job training that day.

Tendulkar has played in 53 test matches that India have won. In those 53 test matches his average is 64.64 which is 10 points higher than his overall average. His average in matches that India has lost is 36.29. This is 28 points lower than his average when Ind wins. This means that if India lost the match, Tendulkar had a relatively poor game. It also means that if Tendulkar played well, India most likely wins. Sachin has scored 16 centuries in games that India won. Enjoy. Thread Closed, thank you.

Tendulkar has played in 53 test matches that India have won. In those 53 test matches his average is 64.64 which is 10 points higher than his overall average. His average in matches that India has lost is 36.29. This is 28 points lower than his average when Ind wins. This means that if India lost the match, Tendulkar had a relatively poor game. It also means that if Tendulkar played well, India most likely wins. Sachin has scored 16 centuries in games that India won. Enjoy. Thread Closed, thank you.
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: