Uncertainty looms over Butt's future

ESPN

Butt: I will drag Dasti to court The PCB Chairman Ejaz Butt has threatened to drag Jamshed Dasti to the court for making false allegations against him. The war of words between the PCB Chairman Butt and NA Standing Committee Chairman Dasti intensified on Saturday. "Dasti is damaging cricket and he has tried to ruin my reputation with irresponsible and untrue remarks. I will be taking him to court for this," Butt said from Dhaka. But Dasti who had called Butt as an "old man mentally and physically not capable of heading the cricket board" is hardly bothered. "The President would have got my letter today in which I have urged him to remove Butt immediately as Chairman of the board to save cricket from further damage," Dasti told PTI. "I have written the letter with the consent and support of the committee members. We are confident the President will soon take action as Butt himself got the position of board Chairman because his brother-in-law is a senior leader of the Peoples Party," Dasti said. Dasti said the sub committee of the NA standing committee had found several instances of mismanagement, nepotism, favoritism and financial bungles in the Board in the tenure of Butt and had sent the report to the Presidency. "Butt must be removed immediately as he is not capable of heading the Board at his age. I have no personal enmity with him but he has to go to save Pakistan cricket from complete disaster." Dasti said if Butt will not appear at the next hearing he would exercise his powers to issue an arrest warrant against him.

Dasti is an idiot. First, PCB issues NOCs to players for IPL. Dasti says his permission was not taken and asks the players to reapply. Takes ages to approve them. A deadline specially extended for Pakistan elapses & 4 players lose lucrative contracts. Dasti blames India for playing politics and says India is trying to settle scores with us. We should boycott IPL. But apparently, he thinks he was absolutely right in poking his nose in PCB's business and taking the time he did to approve the NOCs. :finger: Also, this is the same idiot who accused his own team Pakistan of match-fixing in the media, called a meeting with the cricketers and the board and then gave them the clean chit. :finger: SEEMS LIKE AN ABSOLUTE SELF-IMPORTANT IDIOT TO ME. Pakistan better get rid of him. One Rehman Malik is enough. Lets not make it 2.

Uncertainty looms over Butt's future Uncertainty looms over Butt's future Embattled PCB chairman Ejaz Butt's future hangs in balance with rumors doing the rounds that he might face the axe. Butt might face the axe in the next couple of days following a spate of criticism about his style of running the board affairs. Sources in the government and close to the Pakistan Cricket Board have confirmed that there are strong indications that the chief patron of PCB, President Asif Zardari have finally decided to change the set up of the board. "There are indications that Butt's brother-in-law, Chaudhary Mukhtar who got him the powerful PCB chairman position has also given up hope of being able to save Butt's position in the board," one source said. Mukhtar, a defence minister in the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party government, played an instrumental role in getting Butt the coveted post. "Apparently even Mukhtar has told his close associates that Butt has now lost the confidence of the President," another source stated. Butt has come under intense criticism after Pakistan's shocking defeat in the second Test against Australia at Sydney. To further compound his problems, chairman of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Sport has sent a letter to President Zardari asking him to remove Butt and appoint a new cricket set-up. "We are hopeful that the letter would deliver desired results and there will be desired changes in the board," MNA Muhammad Iqbal, a member of the committee said. Iqbal made it clear that everyone has now realised the importance and significance of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Sports. "It is our job to keep a watch on how institutions like the PCB work and ensure their accountability. Unfortunately Ejaz Butt and other board officials have taken us very lightly for months and we feel there is a need to change the cricket set-up," he said. Sindh's Sports Minister and a former member of the PCB governing body under Butt, Muhammad Ali Shah said it was time for the present board chairman to go. "We are in constant touch with the Presidency and other government officials and in next few days you will see definite changes," Shah said. "He has also got indications from the government quarters that it is time for change in the board," one source said.