Cricket least of BCCI's activities: Income Tax deparment.

patriot

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/I-T-dept-demands-Rs-120-crore-from-BCCI/articleshow/5442122.cms The more I see these BCCI babus, the more I feel cheated as a fan. We are really very unfortunate to follow a sport so passionately thats run by people who actually give a f u c k about our players or the game in general. The N Srinivasans, Lalit Modi's and that traitor * Shashank Manohar (This traitor oversaw preparation of a Perth like pitch in Nagpur against Aus '04, because his master Pawar lost the elections to Dalmiya).
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/I-T-dept-demands-Rs-120-crore-from-BCCI/articleshow/5442122.cms The more I see these BCCI babus, the more I feel cheated as a fan. We are really very unfortunate to follow a sport so passionately thats run by people who actually give a f u c k about our players or the game in general. The N Srinivasans, Lalit Modi's and that traitor * Shashank Manohar (This mofo traitor oversaw preparation of a Perth like pitch in Nagpur against Aus '04, because his master Pawar lost the elections to Dalmiya).
In order to prove that you are a true patriot(going by your username) you are calling them traitors? Do you even know the true meaning of traitor? And Shashank Manohar doesnt prepare pitches in India.
All BCCI;s profit should be used to develop other sports in India :winky:
Why not give the reigns of hockey and football to BCCI too. At least they will manage 1000 times better than the Indian Olympic Association and Kalmadi who handle right now. If BCCI had been given the work of organizing the CWG instead of IOC maybe it would have been completed a year or more ago. And perhaps it would have been the best CWG of all time.

I-T slams BCCI, says its activities just not cricket

Mumbai: ‘The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has become totally commercial and all its activities are being carried on commercial lines. Cricket is only incidental to its scheme of things. It is more into prize money for every run or wicket, which is nothing short of a gimmick.’ No, this isn’t an ungrammatical anti-BCCI tirade from a rival cricket organisation. It is, rather, what the incometax department has to say about the BCCI in its assessment order—dated December 30 last year—while disallowing tax exemptions for the organisation. The exemptions were earlier being granted on the grounds that promoting cricket was a “charitable’’ activity. The BCCI’s net income for 2006-07 was Rs 274.86 crore. The I-T assessment order means that the cricket body will have to pay Rs 120 crore as tax plus the yet-to-be-quantified penalty amount. While BCCI secretary N Srinivasan told TOI that he had nothing to say on the issue, cricket board officials said they were considering going in appeal against the order. MONEY MATTERS No element of charity in BCCI conduct: I-T Mumbai: The exemption for the BCCI from being taxed was there till 2006-2007 and was withdrawn after the cricket body amended its Memorandum and Rules twice. The added objectives included establishing coaching academies and holding 20-over matches. Income-tax norms stipulate that the changed objectives should be brought to its notice; this, say I-T officials, was not done by BCCI. The pay-up order issued by additional director of exemption (I-T) Rita Kumari Dokania says: “The conduct of certain activities and receipt of income from these activities clearly show that these activities are totally commercial and there is no element of charity in the conduct of BCCI.’’ It is evident that major income arises not from the game of cricket but from the business of cricket, the order states, adding: “The characteristics of volume, frequency and regularity of the activities accompanied by profit motive on the part of the assessee have been held to indicate an intention to continue the activity as business.’’ The I-T order also says that BCCI’s rules are very stringent and that it imposes a blanket ban on unapproved tournaments. “The BCCI is exercising complete control over the revenue of tournaments and is not interested in the promotion of cricket,’’ the order says. The money recovered by way of media rights and sponsorship is not only to meet the expenses of organising tournaments but are bound to create a huge surplus. And the surplus generated by the BCCI is shared with players instead of being used for promoting the game, the order says, adding that only 8% is spent on promotion of sports. The BCCI has not developed any infrastructure nor has it built any stadium or other amenities. Referring to the IPL, a BCCI wing that organises the hugely popular T-20, the assessment order says:“Acts indicate the intention.’’ Referring to an agreement between the BCCI and Nimbus Communications for coverage of its events from March 1, 2006 to March 31, 2010, where the BCCI intended to generate revenue through mobile rights, official film rights, fixed media rights and public exhibition rights, the I-T department has said: “The very foundation of agreement is based on commercial exploitation and benefit which explains the colossal amount of media rights fees of Rs 2,724.2 crore paid by Nimbus.’’ In its sponsorship agreement with Nike, the BCCI was entitled to Rs 45 lakh and Rs 58 lakh as compensation for every international one-day and Test match respectively. Besides this, the BCCI was paid minimum guarantee royalty of Rs 13.5 crore for 2007 and performance bonuses which came to Rs 1 crore. The investments of the BCCI (fixed deposits with banks) have also witnessed a jump of 36.74% in the last two years (from Rs 545 crore to Rs 745 crore). In the same period, the fixed assets have seen a rise of 179 per cent (from Rs 3.3 crore to Rs 9.4 crore).According to the income and expenditure account for the year 2008-2009, BCCI’s income was Rs 726 crore, down from Rs 1,000 crore in 2007-2008, but this will be audited only in December 2010.
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIM/2010/01/14&PageLabel=1&EntityId=Ar00105&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T

I like the current BCCI administration. Atleast it makes humongous money which eventually goes back to the players, has the courage to stand up for itself on the world stage and pays back to the idiots (don't temme you didn't like it when Lalit Modi pwn'd Malcomn Speed not once not twice but thrice and forced him to come to India and convince us) :two_thumbs_up:

How is this news really? Anyone who's been keeping an eye on the BCCI knows that they have very little to do with the stability and promotion of Indian cricket. All they are interested in is monopolizing the game in India and generating as much revenue as possible.
Indeed...I mean anyone who needs to be actually told that the BCCI don't care about cricket is just :haha:
In order to prove that you are a true patriot(going by your username) you are calling them traitors? Do you even know the true meaning of traitor? And Shashank Manohar doesnt prepare pitches in India.
Did you start watching cricket a couple of months back ? http://www.telegraphindia.com/1081101/jsp/sports/story_10047962.jsp
While Sourav’s withdrawal from that Nagpur Test did raise eyebrows then (despite an injury in the right groin-thigh region), eyebrows had also been raised at the conduct of the hosts, the Shashank Manohar-headed Vidarbha Cricket Association. Manohar, who is now the Board of Control for Cricket in India president, had been smarting from ‘leader’ Sharad Pawar’s defeat (in the Board elections) at the hands of Jagmohan Dalmiya’s casting vote. Pawar triumphed at his second attempt, some 14 months later, in November 2005. The buzz was that Manohar wanted to get even with Dalmiya through Sourav, at that time seen as his blue-eyed boy. And, so, a wicket to suit the Glenn McGraths was prepared. Belatedly, an effort had been made by some to take the sting out of the wicket, but Manohar didn’t budge. “Nobody can order us to remove any grass,†he’d insisted. Clearly, it was intra-Board feuding at its worst — one which hit national interest for a six — and it’s no surprise that the Australians made the most of home-like conditions and thrashed Team India by 342 runs.
Now Pappu, shove that Kanghi up where the sun don't shine. Kthxbye.

Thanks for sharing that patriot. Useful for the johnny come latelys and other bachchas who only tuned into the game after the first IPL circus and think that some of these ****ers in the BCCI are saints and only promoting the game in India. What could have been a turning point for our team - in a year where we drew against Australia in Australia, beat Pakistan in Pakistan and coming after a very solid performance in the Chennai test - got turned into a humiliating defeat all thanks to the egos of a few babus in the BCCI.