IPL Auction 2010 / 19th Jan

Malcolm Merlyn

Just saw it in news . Mumbai Indians paid Rs 12.6 cr for pollard .
Dude, Do you know much that is? $2.8 Million. Even the icon players dont get paid that much. MI probably paid somewhere around $8,25,00 to $8,30,000 for him.

Just saw it in news . Mumbai Indians paid Rs 12.6 cr for pollard .
If that's true, Lalit Modi is one $%^&
Chennai should have at least gone for Bollinger. Their bowling is quite weak.
He wont be available until mid of April. They could have bought Welegedera who isn't that bad a pick when compared to Kemp.

But Dhoni has a habit to captaining the weak bowling . :winky:
I dont get it, they had around $6,00,000 of their $7,50,000 left. They bid aggressively for both Roach and Bond, yet they didnt want to spend even the base price for Douggie?

He wont be available until mid of April. They could have bought Welegedera who isn't that bad a pick when compared to a Kemp.
Yea, availability could be a reason. Frankly, I have almost forgotten how the chennai squad looks.. Last thing I remembered of them, they Parthiv opening or Abhinav Mukund opening, which is a bit of a weak spot and their bowling wasnt that good either. But they do have Oram, Morkel, Dhoni and now Perera and Kemp. Lotsa all rounders.

Yea, availability could be a reason. Frankly, I have almost forgotten how the chennai squad looks.. Last thing I remembered of them, they Parthiv opening or Abhinav Mukund opening, which is a bit of a weak spot and their bowling wasnt that good either. But they do have Oram, Morkel, Dhoni and now Perera and Kemp. Lotsa all rounders.
One thing is for certain...S Anirudha will open the inns along with Hayden. Daddy will make sure that happens.

No wonder he's smiling.. 2008031850370801.jpg He was probably the highest paid recruit of ICL. Was there for a couple of a seaons.. ICL conveniently collapsed and he was back into the international fold. Now, he lands the highest possible IPL contract for season - 3, the only ICL player to make a near-perfect transition to IPL. Maybe its got something to do with his surname.. :D

Switch to NDTV India . They continuously showing it at the bottom of the screen .
Dunno where they're getting their numbers from.. But I doubt if its the case.. If it is true, Pollard would become the highest bid player in all of IPL.. I doubt if thats the case.

Dunno where they're getting their numbers from.. But I doubt if its the case.. If it is true' date=' Pollard would become the highest bid player in all of IPL.. I doubt if thats the case.[/quote'] Yes. Pollard is the costliest IPL player ever and by a long margin! CNN-IBN reporting Mumbai Indians paid $2.5 mil for Pollard and KKR had to shell out $1.35 mil for Bond.