500 players for IPL4 auction

bobbydhillon

Guest DeveGowda

i think the auction will ran Whole night :hysterical:...! Similer to election counting in India prior to EVM's...you will get final resulats on 2nd day after noon... Also whom will DD keep as foriegn players ? Atleast they should have made 8 indian + 4 foriegn...

I would have loved something like 2 Indians and 3 foreigners that could be retained. If the new teams do not have a choice of picking from the top 32 players of the country and if the number of foreign players per playing XI is limited to 4, we can see 2 more KKRs (with all due respect to SRK and co). If the teams really do not want their composition to be disturbed, they would spend the extra bucks where it is due to retain the players and the MAlingas, Watsons Marshs etc. have the opportunity of getting what they deserve. The one good thing, though, is that the players that would be retained too have a choice. LIke, if MUmbai says, I want to retain Malinga and Bravo as I got them real cheap and they are great utility players, the players can have their say in either pay me more or leave me. The same goes with domestic players. Although the team might want to retain players like Badri, Kohli, Nayar, Dhawan, Ojha, Jadeja, Nehra, Dinda, Pujara, Pandey, Parthiv, Tyagi, Praveen Kumar etc, the players might really choose to be auctioned as they could end up making 10 times more than what they would be making otherwise. Looking forward for the auction.

There should be no open auction. Each team should meet with the new players it wants along with the current franchise and put forth a new bid. If the current team can match that bid or if the player wants to stay, then the player will stay with his current franchise. Since, there will be a limit on spending, the new franchises can go for the bigger names with a bigger purse than the others. So, someone like Gambir can play for the new team because Delhi cannot afford to retain both Sehwag and Gambhir. No fuss for the old teams and good chance for the new teams to get good players. This would also mean players like Balaji, Tyagi et al, who were signed for 30,000$ only can go for higher price.

should be a fun auction. players who will most likely not change teams: mumbai - SRT delhi - sehwag, gauti kolkatta - saurav deccan - gilly bangalore - ? chennai - ? punjab - sanga rajasthan - warne and his aussie mates
IPL-3 could be Sehwag's last with Delhi MUMBAI: The Indian Premier League Season III (2009-10) could well be Virender Sehwag's last with Delhi Daredevils. From the fourth year onwards,don't be surprised if you find the dashing cricketer heading to Mumbai Indians. Though nothing has been finalised as yet, there are strong indications to that effect. Sehwag recently resigned as captain of the Delhi outfit and signed up with Reliance 1, a new corporate team, whose owners are the same as Mumbai Indians. In fact, team owner Nita Ambani had personally visited Chandigarh to welcome Sehwag into the team, which made its debut with the JP Atray tournament. Though Sehwag played only one match, his team has made it to the semi-finals. On Saturday, when he was asked about his decision to step down from the Delhi IPL team's captaincy, during a promotional event in Mumbai, he said: "For two years we haven't been able to reach the final. So I asked the team owners to try someone else's luck, because my luck wasn't working. Besides, we have only one more year left and after that nobody knows where Sehwag will go." Well, nobody knows now, but the Mumbai Indians know his value for sure. Meanwhile, Sehwag reiterated that he had never said that he wasn't interested in the Indian captaincy. "I had said I don't want to be the vice-captain," he said. For the moment though, he is trying to get back to business after a shoulder injury which sidelined him for nearly four months. The Irani Trophy, beginning in Nagpur from October, he feels "would be a good tournament to test match fitness". http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/IPL-3-could-be-Sehwags-last-with-Delhi/articleshow/5060799.cms