Ordinary or not? You decide

King

Looks like we have somebody over here who cannot count. It is 26 and the point is 18 of those came in the first Test.
Aren't you very fixated? Fine if India did bat another session or two perhaps Bangladesh would have taken 20 wickets in a test match. Would that have changed their status as "Ordinary" test team? Heck not. Perhaps the next time around just to prove you right India will bat on despite having won the test by over 100 runs. We'll try and convey that to the team. You just don't get it do you? India's 8th wicket partnership put on 20 runs and Bangladesh didn't pick the 9th wicket. Amit Mishra registered 50 against his name in the same inning and in the next test match yet again India scored over 500 in the first inning. What is your argument here? I just don't get it.
Has the results changed since :winky:
It is a fairly new bowling attack and it is showing promise. Bangladesh would not have thought it was possible to bowl out any of the other Test teams, leave alone the No.1 team in Test cricket, twice in a test match before this series. From now on, they will back themselves up to do that. Their batting order needs to be tweaked a bit and if they do that they do have the potential to surprise established sides in test matches. That is a big difference from four years back. Get it?
It is a fairly new bowling attack and it is showing promise. Bangladesh would not have thought it was possible to bowl out any of the other Test teams' date=' leave alone the No.1 team in Test cricket, twice in a test match before this series. From now on, they will back themselves up to do that. Their batting order needs to be tweaked a bit and if they do that they do have the potential to surprise established sides in test matches. That is a big difference from four years back. Get it?[/quote'] Four years back they were losing. Now, they are still losing. :gossip::gossip:
It is a fairly new bowling attack and it is showing promise. Bangladesh would not have thought it was possible to bowl out any of the other Test teams' date=' leave alone the No.1 team in Test cricket, twice in a test match before this series. [b']From now on, they will back themselves up to do that. Their batting order needs to be tweaked a bit and if they do that they do have the potential to surprise established sides in test matches. That is a big difference from four years back. Get it?
Like they did in the second test match after the first test?? Get over it mate. India got over confident and dropped its guard in the first innings of the first test. We could have had a 3rd & a 4th test and they wouldn't have still taken 20 wkts in a match and the result would still have been a whitewash
Bangladesh played good cricket. They might've got hammered towards the end but they've really improved by leaps and bounds. :--D We've won the series 2-0. But things are looking up for Bangladeshi cricket. Great players coming through :two_thumbs_up:
More like new talent with same old pea sized brains coming through.What a attrocious innings (??) by the captain Shakib.
Guest DeveGowda
Weather problems took the 1st test to the last day but both test lasted merely 300 overs. That's 2/3rd of a full game. Was BD close to a victory in either test? No They had a couple of good sessions but even with those, there was no point in the test when anyone (apart from BD fans) that BD would win.
i think india is NO 1 TEST team in the world...and there is NO innings victory (although 2nd test is same victory count same as innings..that possible beacuse bangla collapsed).. so its not big deal...if bangal is So ordinary India should have routed them by Innings in Each match
I think this thread does serve one purpose' date=' however hard it might be to believe, and that is to identify those in this forum that take pleasure in picking on the weak. And King, you still have no answer to the fact that Sehwag was indeed proved wrong when Bangladesh did pick up 18 wickets and would have easily completed the 20 if not for the early declaration by India. Gavaskar did make a comment on TV that India will declare early to save Sehwag's face and that is exactly what happend.[/quote'] Have absolutely no idea as to what you are going on and on about...Sehwag said that as a psychological ploy the same way the Aussies have been doing to the English, Proteas, India, etc for decades. He was try to get in their heads and probably rattle them and he succeeded. Yes, they were a little pumped in the beginning but you could see some of the shots the Bangladeshi's played, they were trying to prove something and it got them out of their very small comfort zone as they are very young. Tammim and Mammidullah look to be good players, the rest are very average. This Shakib guy is a joke...I will go one step further...they are not ordinary, they are SUBSTANDARD FOR TEST CRICKET. They can get lucky in the limited overs once in a blue moon but that is it...So they took 8 first innings wickets so what? Let me remind you that the two wickets they didn't take were Dravid and Yuvraj not Sreesanth and Nehra, oh and India scored almost 550 runs in the process. They had better batting conditions and got 233, India had the worst with 2 paced pitch and got almost 550 and then when it eased up again, they folded like a pack of cards. Other than beating a substitute WI team, what have they done? If that sounds arrogant so be it, if you can back it up, its irrelevant. Sehwag talks the way he bats, deal with it.
Guest DeveGowda
Have absolutely no idea as to what you are going on and on about...Sehwag said that as a psychological ploy the same way the Aussies have been doing to the English' date=' Proteas, India, etc for decades. He was try to get in their heads and probably rattle them and he succeeded. Yes, they were a little pumped in the beginning but you could see some of the shots the Bangladeshi's played, they were trying to prove something and it got them out of their very small comfort zone as they are very young. Tammim and Mammidullah look to be good players, the rest are very average. This Shakib guy is a joke...I will go one step further...they are not ordinary, they are SUBSTANDARD FOR TEST CRICKET. They can get lucky in the limited overs once in a blue moon but that is it...So they took 8 first innings wickets so what? Let me remind you that the two wickets they didn't take were Dravid and Yuvraj not Sreesanth and Nehra, oh and India scored almost 550 runs in the process. They had better batting conditions and got 233, India had the worst with 2 paced pitch and got almost 550 and then when it eased up again, they folded like a pack of cards. Other than beating a substitute WI team, what have they done? If that sounds arrogant so be it, if you can back it up, its irrelevant. Sehwag talks the way he bats, deal with it.[/quote'] Sehwag and Psycology ..are you serious ? :hysterical:
i think india is NO 1 TEST team in the world...and there is NO innings victory (although 2nd test is same victory count same as innings..that possible beacuse bangla collapsed).. so its not big deal...if bangal is So ordinary India should have routed them by Innings in Each match
You are right, India's No.1 ranking should be revoked...how dare they...2 runs to win!!! Are you kidding me??? Some really need to put down the Magic Pipe.

Sehwag is absolutely right - B'desh IS an ordinary test side. After, given that there are only handful of test playing nations around, it is not that difficult to make that distinction. Their test record speaks for themselves. Even the most ardent of B'deshi fans is failing to face the facts, if he's going to deny this But in my opinion, what is the difference between the current test side and the previous test sides? While those of the yesteryears were simply mediocre, I think the current one is at least competitive. Sure, they're still not competitive enough for it start making an impact on the outcome of the test matches, but that isnt reason enough to simply write them off. They competed well in the first test match and showed a lot of spine, dismissing us the way they did, in the first innings. They were never going to win or draw the test match after day 4, but the way in they battled for a 300+ score on day 5 was very admirable. Same for the 2nd test too. Everyone knows they lost it on day 1, but that still didnt stop them from putting a B'deshi record 200 run partnership in the second innings. The collapse was only inevitable, but the fact is, this B'deshi is showing a lot more character a lot more times than those B'deshi sides of the past. Sometimes, it easy to get totally swayed by results. How many test matches are close affairs these days? If anything, we beat Lanka, TWICE by an innings, while B'desh made us bat 4 times in 2 test matches. B'desh is still an ordinary test side, but they're not as mediocre as they were before.

Guest DeveGowda
You are right' date=' India's No.1 ranking should be revoked...how dare they...2 runs to win!!! Are you kidding me??? Some really need to put down the Magic Pipe.[/quote'] i didnt told required run is 2 runs ..its 10 wickets... But that doesnt tell india completely dominated ORDINARY bangla (9 th rank) as it ranking Suggest... dont worry man..this just cricket not War :nervous:
Guest DeveGowda
You are right' date=' you have to be a MENSA prospect to get in someone head...what is Psycology? If you are going to mock someone, atleast get it right...[/quote'] :congrats: :vroam:
i didnt told required run is 2 runs ..its 10 wickets... But that doesnt tell india completely dominated ORDINARY bangla (9 th rank) as it ranking Suggest... dont worry man..this just cricket not War :nervous:
I don't know why, you" didn't told" but if was not for those TWO runs, it was an innings win...but I guess winning by 10 wickets in whopping 2 balls was not enough to make a point, it HAD to be an Innings win. Get a clue bro.