Zaheer accused of assaulting fan

shailesh

Centurion: Speedster Zaheer Khan was on Sunday accused of assaulting a spectator during the fifth and final One-Dayer against South Africa. The team management categorically denied the incident. "Zaheer totally denies the charge. This fan had actually trespassed into the Indian dressing room and security personnels are investigating the incident," said Rajan Nair, media manager of the Indian team. The person in question, a local resident of Indian origin, claimed that Zaheer had first thrown a water bottle at him while fielding at third man and later when he had gone to the Indian dressing room to ask for an explanation, he was manhandled by the cricketer. "We were disappointed at India's performance and heckling the boys when Zaheer suddenly turned around and threw a water bottle at me," said the spectator. "Later I went to the Indian dressing room to ask for his explanation and he held me by collar and threw me down at the ground." Corne Meyer, the security spokesman at the Centurion, said there were different versions to the incident and they were investigating it. "The man has been arrested and there are two-three versions of the matter. We are currently investigating it," he said. As far as one could see, the fans indeed had turned very abusive in the particular stand and cricketers such as Zaheer Khan and Anil Kumble, as well as those sitting on the sidelines such as Wasim Jaffer and Suresh Raina, showed a lot of restraint.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Zaheer accused of assaulting fan sahi kia hamen dekha hai ye salesocalled fan kaisi kaisi galiyan dete hain for no reason at times....... endulkar ki maan behan sab ak kar diye tha kamina log greenpark knapur mein just because he finsihed the game in 30 overs.. kuchh log sale bas gandagi ke kire hote hain stand mein unhen bas galiyan dene aati hai..

Re: Zaheer accused of assaulting fan moron......and they call themselves fans. These are people with no self asteem...who like to live off the reputation of the team......apni izzat nahi hoti kuch and they equate the teams bad performance with their beizzati.....morons need to get a life!

Re: Zaheer accused of assaulting fan bullshit. the actual circumstances seems to be that this bugger threw a water bottle at zaheer. zaheer called him and asked him why he did that. he got heckled. later, the so-called 'fan' tried to barge into the dressing room. some lady tried to stop him (i guess she worked at the stadium) and he has been taken into custody for man-handling her.

Re: Zaheer accused of assaulting fan if this is true, tht idiotic fan deserves it..... as DR mentioned, even i have been sick of sitting in the stadium and hearing the fans abuse the players mothers and sisters openly.... really sick fellas.... he deserves it, if he intruded into the dressing room after everything....