Team Announced

Prudent

Raina would be ruthlessly destroyed by the Saffers pace attack. Did you see the working over which Steyn gave the classact?
The whole Indian toporder was cleaned up by Mendis in that test series Do you mean to say Dravid and Sachin will be destoryed by any other spinner I dont understand how people come up with conclusions so quickly on a player, based on a couple of innings Even Yuvraj was given ample chances to prove his game against spinner. Heck Raina hasn't even made his debut in test matches and how often has he got destroyed in ODIs by pace bowlers. He is one of the most consistent performers for India in ODIs If a Ganguly can play test cricket, certainly Raina can do much better (relating to their supposed short ball weakness)
The whole Indian toporder was cleaned up by Mendis in that test series Do you mean to say Dravid and Sachin will be destoryed by any other spinner I dont understand how people come up with conclusions so quickly on a player, based on a couple of innings Even Yuvraj was given ample chances to prove his game against spinner. Heck Raina hasn't even made his debut in test matches and how often has he got destroyed in ODIs by pace bowlers. He is one of the most consistent performers for India in ODIs If a Ganguly can play test cricket, certainly Raina can do much better (relating to their supposed short ball weakness)
Hello!!Hello!! Do u actually mean Raina is technically Beter equiped dan wat Ganguly was. And he has no prbs wid the shortball??
Hello!!Hello!! Do u actually mean Raina is technically Beter equiped dan wat Ganguly was. And he has no prbs wid the shortball??
Do u actually mean Raina is technically Beter equiped dan wat Ganguly was. - for me Yes, he is technically better than Ganguly. Much more compact and stylish Whether he will have the resolve what Saurav has, remains to be seen he has no prbs wid the shortball?? - sample size is too small to come to conclusions on whether he sucks at playing short balls
Do u actually mean Raina is technically Beter equiped dan wat Ganguly was. - for me Yes' date= he is technically better than Ganguly. Much more compact and stylish Whether he will have the resolve what Saurav has, remains to be seen he has no prbs wid the shortball?? - sample size is too small to come to conclusions on whether he sucks at playing short balls
I wont agree wid this till Raina makes runs Like sourav abroad. May be in tests/Odis. P.S : When i mean abroad, i mean outside Asian Subcontinent.
The whole Indian toporder was cleaned up by Mendis in that test series Do you mean to say Dravid and Sachin will be destoryed by any other spinner
Irrelevant, we are talking about Raina the batsman.
I dont understand how people come up with conclusions so quickly on a player, based on a couple of innings Even Yuvraj was given ample chances to prove his game against spinner. Heck Raina hasn't even made his debut in test matches and how often has he got destroyed in ODIs by pace bowlers. He is one of the most consistent performers for India in ODIs If a Ganguly can play test cricket, certainly Raina can do much better (relating to their supposed short ball weakness)
Irrelevant parallels with Yuvraj and Ganguly. The simple question to you is have you seen Raina play a short ball? His technique is just awful when he plays the short ball. The English exposed him and the saffers will destroy him.
Irrelevant parallels with Yuvraj and Ganguly. The simple question to you is have you seen Raina play a short ball? His technique is just awful when he plays the short ball. The English exposed him and the saffers will destroy him.
Yes Raina must not be hurried into Test Cricket. He must sort out the short ball prbs first. I wud prever Kohli ahead of Raina, even Pujara wud be gud.
Irrelevant' date=' we are talking about Raina the batsman. [/quote'] How is ur comment on Saffies destroying Raina as relevant, based on what!
Have u seen Ganguly play short ball and Yuvraj play spin bowling, have they played gully cricket so far in their career
How is ur comment on Saffies destorying Raina as relevant' date=' based on what![/quote'] Its absolutely relevant as the question is one of Raina's technique against the short pitched ball and AFAIK the saffers attack's main strength is not spin bowling.
Have u seen Ganguly play short ball and Yuvraj play spin bowling' date=' have they played gully cricket so far in their career[/quote'] Why are you resting your arguments on other players instead of Raina's merits / demerits? To say that "y" will do well with a particular "b" weakness since "x" did will with "a" weakness is clutching at straws at best.

Finally, Badrinath is all but assured of his test debut. The nice part is he is almost guaranteed to play BOTH the tests. Poor dude, he deserves the break, has been scoring mountains of runs for a while now. A bit surprised to see Saha ahead of Karthik. You cannot drop a person based one bad shot. How good are Saha's batting abilities btw? Mithun already in the test squad? Thought they'd first play him in a couple of BP XI and A tours and see how he goes. But, sometimes with fast bowlers, you just gotto take your punt. But looks like he is in the BP XI squad also, along with Vinay Kumar. They should prepare a seaming track like they did for the Ranji final. These two will be a handful. I think selectors really like Mithun and have already started the process of integrating him into the Indian side. Exciting times! No Kohli in the BP XI also? that is ridiculous. But apart from these two, most of the other selections have been on expected lines.

Its absolutely relevant as the question is one of Raina's technique against the short pitched ball and AFAIK the saffers attack's main strength is not spin bowling. Why are you resting your arguments on other players instead of Raina's merits / demerits? To say that "y" will do well with a particular "b" weakness since "x" did will with "a" weakness is clutching at straws at best.
you are beating around the bush with his weakness. How did you come to a conclusion that he will be a failure against pace bowling. Yeah, he was troubled with one or two hostile spells of fast bowling, it can happen to anyone(happened to Ponting, Sachin or any other player for that matter) He has proved himself in the other format, where he was given a chance He should get this chance at test matches, if he fails consistently, chuck him out But branding him as ODI player and not fit for test cricket is a shame on his performance and talent