Fringe players doing ok

Sooda

In Ranji Uthappa hammerd 108 off 103 balls vs Harayana for whom Joginder has again bowled well- 7 wkts for the match Nehra took a 5-fer and Chopra is scoring runs for fun for Delhi Badri going strong- Yo Mahesh gets Venu Rao for a duck in AP 1st innings vs TN. AP now batting again Ravneet Ricky amongst the runs.

Re: Fringe players doing ok They are doing all right but they won't be tried out surely. Particularly not so close to the world cup. I think they should pick Uthappa, he did no wrong but still got dropped. Not sure if any bowlers can be picked at all.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Fringe players doing ok

They are doing all right but they won't be tried out surely. Particularly not so close to the world cup. I think they should pick Uthappa' date=' he did no wrong but still got dropped. Not sure if any bowlers can be picked at all.[/quote'] Utthapa may not have any godfather unlike raina/kaif

Re: Fringe players doing ok Uthappa is doing well, well done. Very destructive hitter when he gets going. However, technically I think he has problems which will be exposed at international level. He plants his front food forward and has problems then against short ball for one. Hope he improves his technique and comes through. Would like to see him in on an A tours and see how he does.

Re: Fringe players doing ok yes Uthappa is a very attractive player when on song. i remember one of his wonderful knocks in the '05 challenger trophy when he was dancing down the track beautifully, even to the pacers. he's got all the shots. and add to that, a stunning fielder at point. he used to keep wickets before. Unfortunately he has been born and brought up on placid tracks where the primary instinct is to plonk the front foot forward. he is quite inadept at handling the short ball. While this can be worked around, and can even be made a strength as he develops, he does not have enough experience in him to handle these types of bowling. This was obvious to me when Mohd Asif just needed one bouncer to get rid of him in one of the few ODIs he played. The solution for making Uthappa a better player is experience, experience, experience. He needs to play in different conditions, hopefully in India he will play a few times on good tracks such as Chennai and Mohali. He went to Australia on the 'A' tour (top end series) and got a few 50s against the likes of Tait, Johnson, Dorey, Cullen, Watson, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin etc. So he has a long way to go, but definitely has the ingredients. In fact Dhawan, himself, Badrinath and Gambhir did really well on this tour and because of them, we only lost one match out of the 8 or 9 that we played. There was an interview with him after he scored the scorching 100 yesterday. It is nice to see that he is taking the lessons learnt from Chappell and Dravid with his short stint in the Indian team (as evidenced in the interview) and is putting it to work. That is after all the idea behind giving youngsters an opportunity with the big guns.

Re: Fringe players doing ok

yes Uthappa is a very attractive player when on song. i remember one of his wonderful knocks in the '05 challenger trophy when he was dancing down the track beautifully, even to the pacers. he's got all the shots. and add to that, a stunning fielder at point. he used to keep wickets before. Unfortunately he has been born and brought up on placid tracks where the primary instinct is to plonk the front foot forward. he is quite inadept at handling the short ball. While this can be worked around, and can even be made a strength as he develops, he does not have enough experience in him to handle these types of bowling. This was obvious to me when Mohd Asif just needed one bouncer to get rid of him in one of the few ODIs he played. The solution for making Uthappa a better player is experience, experience, experience. He needs to play in different conditions, hopefully in India he will play a few times on good tracks such as Chennai and Mohali. He went to Australia on the 'A' tour (top end series) and got a few 50s against the likes of Tait, Johnson, Dorey, Cullen, Watson, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin etc. So he has a long way to go, but definitely has the ingredients. In fact Dhawan, himself, Badrinath and Gambhir did really well on this tour and because of them, we only lost one match out of the 8 or 9 that we played. There was an interview with him after he scored the scorching 100 yesterday. It is nice to see that he is taking the lessons learnt from Chappell and Dravid with his short stint in the Indian team (as evidenced in the interview) and is putting it to work. That is after all the idea behind giving youngsters an opportunity with the big guns.
Top post again. You are on fire :hail: Totally agree with everything. Experience and more experience is the key. A tours etc so he learns and improves on technique so one day be ready for India