Are brahmins new dalit: Old article but very pertinent

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Are brahmins new dalit: Old article but very pertinent Brahmins power is never about money power; in fact as Indian society acquiring wealth was never goals might be 1000 years of domination by Muslim and Christians on Indian society was the reasons. Brahmins rule the most of the Hindu by the virtue of process writers and keepers, kind of current USA/UK are free democracy or capitols. Again in Hindu religions you are what at Birth time so naturally Brahmins guarded all powers not money. Now with changing world you can be powerful community by becoming rich or winning elections. In the future you will unlikely see Brahmins in the power (by election) because of small number of populations. So other option to get power is by acquiring wealth and this truth is hard to fathom for old generations Brahmins so I see it is a transition time for Brahmins, Only Advantage Brahmins are having is rich history about education, thinking process so may be watch out Marwadi/Gujju/Sindhi after 50 years you will see more successful Brahmins businessman?s. Same is true for dalits it is transition time for them about how to rule when u get power.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Are brahmins new dalit: Old article but very pertinent

Brahmins power is never about money power; in fact as Indian society acquiring wealth was never goals might be 1000 years of domination by Muslim and Christians on Indian society was the reasons. Brahmins rule the most of the Hindu by the virtue of process writers and keepers, kind of current USA/UK are free democracy or capitols. Again in Hindu religions you are what at Birth time so naturally Brahmins guarded all powers not money. Now with changing world you can be powerful community by becoming rich or winning elections. In the future you will unlikely see Brahmins in the power (by election) because of small number of populations. So other option to get power is by acquiring wealth and this truth is hard to fathom for old generations Brahmins so I see it is a transition time for Brahmins, Only Advantage Brahmins are having is rich history about education, thinking process so may be watch out Marwadi/Gujju/Sindhi after 50 years you will see more successful Brahmins businessman?s. Same is true for dalits it is transition time for them about how to rule when u get power.
Very astute observations there . I may be wrong but I don't see many brahmins go for education majority of then just keep themsleves in the ambit of karmkland education which doesn't pay much. Our family priest backhome at msot earns around 500 per month most of them have no land whatsoever and infat among new generations even that mythology education is not so popular and they are open to plain laboureres job but the problme is there is this age-old beleif among land owners of not employing brahmins as labourers. Somehow that brings bad omen so basically they are toast .

Re: Are brahmins new dalit: Old article but very pertinent in india, nowadays, most communities have some kinda derogatory nickname for a brahmin akin to getting called as a nig-ga... i have heard of so many frustrated brahmin youths who have immolated themselves after scoring 95-96% and not getting admission to medical school while the backward communities people could get in with only 88% or so.... and ironically, they will be richer than those brahmins too... this is the biggest threat to india apart from the terrorists...

Guest dada_rocks

in india' date=' nowadays, most communities have some kinda derogatory nickname for a brahmin akin to getting called as a nig-ga... i have heard of so many frustrated brahmin youths who have immolated themselves after scoring 95-96% and not getting admission to medical school while the backward communities people could get in with only 88% or so.... and ironically, they will be richer than those brahmins too... this is the biggest threat to india apart from the terrorists...[/quote'] So true.. I am from socalled upepr caste. IN my village 90% of socalled upper caste landlords possess less than 1 acre of farming land and in monetary terms they are all labourers like any lower caste but these folks come under privileged class. If purpose of reservation is exacting revenge for past deeds then they are doing hell of a job if it's to improve the lot of unprivileged then they need to have a reality check asap.

Re: Are brahmins new dalit: Old article but very pertinent WTF do they mean by exacting revenge.... then why are we not exacting revenge against muslims who fucking ruled us for 700 yrs.... we can keep exacting revenge against everyone from history.... DR, in india, most vaishyas and kshatriyas also fall under backward classes for technical quota reasons and they did enjoy a lot of money and power in those days.... why only the brahmins are targetted in this... the SC and ST form only 20% or so of the population, i would think... the rest are all facking vote bank politics...

Guest dada_rocks

WTF do they mean by exacting revenge.... then why are we not exacting revenge against muslims who fucking ruled us for 700 yrs.... we can keep exacting revenge against everyone from history.... DR, in india, most vaishyas and kshatriyas also fall under backward classes for technical quota reasons and they did enjoy a lot of money and power in those days.... why only the brahmins are targetted in this... the SC and ST form only 20% or so of the population, i would think... the rest are all facking vote bank politics...
I am as stumped as you gator.. but this is what it sems everyone ganged up against brahmins for some weird reason otherwise as per naked data brahmins are the ones who need reservation crutches. socaleld obcs like kurmi in bihar are doing as well as any upper caste..

WTF do they mean by exacting revenge.... then why are we not exacting revenge against muslims who ****ing ruled us for 700 yrs.... we can keep exacting revenge against everyone from history.... DR, in india, most vaishyas and kshatriyas also fall under backward classes for technical quota reasons and they did enjoy a lot of money and power in those days.... why only the brahmins are targetted in this... the SC and ST form only 20% or so of the population, i would think... the rest are all facking vote bank politics...
thanx for the bump, Varun.... jus wanted to quote one of my older posts in this thread to highlight the hypocrisy of the indians....

Brahmins power is never about money power; in fact as Indian society acquiring wealth was never goals might be 1000 years of domination by Muslim and Christians on Indian society was the reasons. Brahmins rule the most of the Hindu by the virtue of process writers and keepers, kind of current USA/UK are free democracy or capitols. Again in Hindu religions you are what at Birth time so naturally Brahmins guarded all powers not money. Now with changing world you can be powerful community by becoming rich or winning elections. In the future you will unlikely see Brahmins in the power (by election) because of small number of populations. So other option to get power is by acquiring wealth and this truth is hard to fathom for old generations Brahmins so I see it is a transition time for Brahmins, Only Advantage Brahmins are having is rich history about education, thinking process so may be watch out Marwadi/Gujju/Sindhi after 50 years you will see more successful Brahmins businessman?s. Same is true for dalits it is transition time for them about how to rule when u get power.
very good post...

When I was at uni I used to visit a temple regularly. One family used to drag me for dinner just because I was a Brahmin. The pujari had told him to feed a Brahmin regularly to undo something. He did not tell me exactly what the reason was. Guy was very guarded about it. I used to worry that maybe the food was poisoned or something! It was not like when you get friendly with afamily and then they invite you for dinner. This was very different and strange. He had a fit daughter so I had absolutely no problem eating dinner at his place regularly. I must say that it felt VERY strange getting regular tasty food for free. His wife would throw flowers at me :hysterical: After dinner they would pack sweets for me to take home. Eventually I stopped visiting the temple. The situation was too strange for my liking.