Siva is a freaking legend i say freaking legend :D

satishg

What is legend abt a guy who cant articulate why he felt what he felt. The outright idolatry on this forum is odd and disconcerting.
Odd and disconcerting for you not for those like me and millions other who adore SRT. If you have a problem, why comment? It'll save you lots of energy and you can use your brain cells productively elsewhere.:finger:
I thought Siva could have done better. He should have stuck to cricketing terms alone instead of bringing in "no controversies" and such lame-ass defense into it. If I were in his position I would have responded to Darryl's point of SRT benefiting from placid wickets in India by pointing out SRT's average outside India and Ponting's in India. I would have closed the topic by saying it was Ponting who has an inflated average by peaking during a decade which was favourable to the batsmen like no other in the last century and his average of 46 during the 90's do not stand comparison to SRT's 59 in the same period. If that doesn't end the topic then the fact that Ponting never had to face two of the greatest bowlers of all time' date=' McGrath and Warne and that he did not play for a team that was wholly dependent on him, as SRT was, for nearly 10 years should seal it.[/quote'] True. Siva behaved more like a teenage forummer.
How I wish I waz there ..... :((
Boss, can u please make a comparison of Ponting & SRT stats from the 11th & 1st hundred onwards that Darryl is talking about. I think BCCI led by Dalmiya had at some point of time neglected tests and focussed only on the money spinner Onedayers. that deprived SRT of many tests when he was in roaring form. the tennis elbow, toe injury and other setbacks robbed him of 7-9 tests too. I would not be surprised if both played equal number of tests after Pontings debut and may be after the 1st hundred of Ponting. Thanks in adavance...
Yep 24 Test matches to be precise ... Ponting made his 1st 100 on 24th Jul 1997 since then SRT has played 112 Test matches while Ponting has played 136 tests since that date and made 39 hundreds while Boss has made 35 100s even while being handicapped by having had to play 2 dozen lesser tests. The less said the better about the quality of bowling circa the 90s and what Ponting did during that time.
Thanks Boss. i think Mark Taylor and a few aussie batsmen made their debut after SRT but completed 100 test matches quite quickly.... these aussies play/schedule lot of tests.CA at least has their priorities correctly.
Dude.. i listened to it. That was a pathetic defense. He should have gently avoided that topic instead of acting like a fan boy. Looked silly. Both Cullinan and Siva.
Agree entirely. Not that his immediately retorting was not nice. It would have been nicer had he backed his feelings with some facts. It is just that since he did not come out with those that it looks bad. Forget all those stats. Until Ponting comes to India and plays half decently, he cannot be compared against Tendulkar. No way.
Yep 24 Test matches to be precise ... Ponting made his 1st 100 on 24th Jul 1997 since then SRT has played 112 Test matches while Ponting has played 136 tests since that date and made 39 hundreds while Boss has made 35 100s even while being handicapped by having had to play 2 dozen lesser tests. The less said the better about the quality of bowling circa the 90s and what Ponting did during that time.
Amazing piece of statistic, Bossbhai. Now this is the kind of stuff that Sivaramakrishnan could have used instead of repeating his heartfelt preferences alone. And man, you are very good with numbers!
Agree entirely. Not that his immediately retorting was not nice. It would have been nicer had he backed his feelings with some facts. It is just that since he did not come out with those that it looks bad. Forget all those stats. Until Ponting comes to India and plays half decently, he cannot be compared against Tendulkar. No way.
This is what happens when idiots like Siva get into the commentary box. The moment they have to do anything more than describing what is happening on the field, they are clueless. Like I said, he is just a teenager who has no idea why he likes what he likes. It's such a shame that he could not argue at all. We really need some well informed ex-players with some analytical abilities at the commentary box.
This is what happens when idiots like Siva get into the commentary box. The moment they have to do anything more than describing what is happening on the field' date=' they are clueless. Like I said, he is just a teenager who has no idea why he likes what he likes. It's such a shame that he could not argue at all. We really need some well informed ex-players with some analytical abilities at the commentary box.[/quote'] like Ravi shastri...