Siva is a freaking legend i say freaking legend :D

satishg

So Daryl cullinian brings about this topic saying that when Sachin got his 11th ton Ponting got his 1st and since then SRT has got 35 tons and Ponting 38, so he asks Siva who is the better player and Siva without even blinking said "Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar" :haha: and Cullinian continued on the topic but Siva just kept retorting back with awesome answers.. Siva u are a legend B->:hysterical: Siva even said SRT is a better fielder than Punter ROFL :hysterical: Daryl you can:finger:

Who cares how fast one scores his centuries. Its one thing scoring centuries quickly and another thing scoring centuries consistently throughout your career like tendulkar. And his average justifies only justified that. Just because ponting cream centuries one after another makes him no greater then tendulkar whom scored his centuries againt more diverse bowling attacks and in such a larger timeframe.

I thought Siva could have done better. He should have stuck to cricketing terms alone instead of bringing in "no controversies" and such lame-ass defense into it. If I were in his position I would have responded to Darryl's point of SRT benefiting from placid wickets in India by pointing out SRT's average outside India and Ponting's in India. I would have closed the topic by saying it was Ponting who has an inflated average by peaking during a decade which was favourable to the batsmen like no other in the last century and his average of 46 during the 90's do not stand comparison to SRT's 59 in the same period. If that doesn't end the topic then the fact that Ponting never had to face two of the greatest bowlers of all time, McGrath and Warne and that he did not play for a team that was wholly dependent on him, as SRT was, for nearly 10 years should seal it.

I thought Siva could have done better. He should have stuck to cricketing terms alone instead of bringing in "no controversies" and such lame-ass defense into it. If I were in his position I would have responded to Darryl's point of SRT benefiting from placid wickets in India by pointing out SRT's average outside India and Ponting's in India. I would have closed the topic by saying it was Ponting who has an inflated average by peaking during a decade which was favourable to the batsmen like no other in the last century and his average of 46 during the 90's do not stand comparison to SRT's 59 in the same period. If that doesn't end the topic then the fact that Ponting never had to face two of the greatest bowlers of all time' date=' McGrath and Warne and that he did not play for a team that was wholly dependent on him, as SRT was, for nearly 10 years should seal it.[/quote'] Good post :hatsoff:
I thought Siva could have done better. He should have stuck to cricketing terms alone instead of bringing in "no controversies" and such lame-ass defense into it. If I were in his position I would have responded to Darryl's point of SRT benefiting from placid wickets in India by pointing out SRT's average outside India and Ponting's in India. I would have closed the topic by saying it was Ponting who has an inflated average by peaking during a decade which was favourable to the batsmen like no other in the last century and his average of 46 during the 90's do not stand comparison to SRT's 59 in the same period. If that doesn't end the topic then the fact that Ponting never had to face two of the greatest bowlers of all time' date=' McGrath and Warne and that he did not play for a team that was wholly dependent on him, as SRT was, for nearly 10 years should seal it.[/quote'] :hail: Very well said
Cullinan is tendulkars biggest S.African fan' date= so I don't know what is the problem.
In India, we have his fan in every corner so dont compare that to sa Saffie
Cullinan was baiting LSRK and he fell for it!! But that discussion was amazing. LSRK spoke like a true SRT fan. LEGEND
What is legend abt a guy who cant articulate why he felt what he felt. The outright idolatry on this forum is odd and disconcerting.

This is what Cricbuzz has to say on the incident ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LSRK is on fire in the commentary box and for the 1st time he is talking sensibly. Daryl Cullinan brought up this fascinating debate about who is better, SRT or Ponting? He asked LSRK who is the greater of the two? LSRK replies - Do you even want me to think about it, obviously it is SRT he says. Then Cullinan butts in with this - Ponting has played less innings than SRT. Bang comes the reply from LSRK - That is not Sachin's fault, let Ponting survive for 20 years in the international arena, then we can debate. Again Cullinan comes back with this one, saying Ponting is a better cricketer, LSRK chimes in saying Sachin can bowl better than Ponting and is a complete gentleman. No controversies in his 20 years of cricket. Cullinan does not give up easily, replying that I thought you would stick to cricket related matters only. Finally Cullinan asks him who is the better batsman between Sachin and Sunil Gavaskar, to which LSRK gives the most emphatic statement of all - That no one has had the expectations of a billion people thrust on him everyday! Cullinan, cheekily asks whether Sunny Gavaskar, too did not have such expectations? LSRK, says that in the seventies, we did not have a billion people anyway. Cullinan, who is a self confessed Ponting fan, finally gives up the argument unable to handle the googlies of LSRK!