'I will be back in the Indian team soon' : Irfan Pathan

Feed

Irfan still has loads of ability in swinging the ball. But his problem in the past few years has been his accuracy. It doesn't matter how much swing you get if two or three balls an over are going down leg side or too wide of offstump. That's the only thing holding him back. I haven't seen how he's been doing in domestic cricket but if his accuracy has improved then maybe he should get a look in an upcoming series.
His first and main problem is his denial that he didnt do badly when he was in indian team.He was bowling dollies and still he doesnt think he was awful. His main weapon is swing as he doesnt have reverse swing capabilities of Zaheer or Sreesanth so he is ruled out of test matches as we cannot rely on just three other bowlers to take 20 wickets and he cannot justify his place as batting allrounder like Kallis. If he is not accrurate as you pointed he will be leaking runs in odis/t20s so how can he play in the team.
His first and main problem is his denial that he didnt do badly when he was in indian team.He was bowling dollies and still he doesnt think he was awful. His main weapon is swing as he doesnt have reverse swing capabilities of Zaheer or Sreesanth so he is ruled out of test matches as we cannot rely on just three other bowlers to take 20 wickets and he cannot justify his place as batting allrounder like Kallis. If he is not accrurate as you pointed he will be leaking runs in odis/t20s so how can he play in the team.
Well, I base his accuracy problems on his last ODI/T20 bowling performances on he NZ tour and against Sri Lanka which was when he last played. Like I said I don't how he's improved his accuracy in FC cricket but he's getting his wickets at an average of the low 20s so that at least shows that he's not being hit around the park. I agree with you that he some what deflects self criticism away from himself rather than being honest and admitting his weakenesses and then addressing them. In the NZ tour I can't tell you how disapointed I was with his bowling. I think twice he got a chance to bowl with the new ball when it was swinging. But instead of bowling for his natural swing and strength he wasted the new ball by spraying it around, bowling legside, slow bouncers that got clobbered. The sad thing was that when he did really try to bowl that swing delivery he was unplayeable. He bowled maybe two/three deliveries in his first spell against NZ where he perfectly swung the ball into the right hander and made Ross Taylor look foolish. But there just weren't enough deliveries like that.