Windows 7 Laptop

fineleg

Thanks to the posters who gave useful replies so far... I looked around - HP dv6t quad seems quite good http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/cto_store/notebooks/WM828AV The only con seems to be bit heavier...the lighter option is HP dv4i - But dv4i lacks a few features (ports, processor...) http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=Ultra-Portable&series_name=dv4i_series&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp/hhoslp/psg/notebooks/Ultra-Portable/dv4i_series dial_100, I think you got the dv4i ? Is that right?
Yes dv4i. Processor?? I wonder what you are planning to do with it. It is blazing fast. My Turion X2 processor, runs quite fast with 4 Geg, Vista 64. This one is lot better than that i5 proc is at least twice as much faster than mine. BTW, I just tried DV6t with i7, 7 Pro, 6 GB, 500G. It comes around 960. Oh, one side note, 12Cell battery sticks out from the bottom. Look at the picture. It is bit annoying when you keep it on the lap. But it is quite lighter. Good luck.

Yes dv4i. Processor?? I wonder what you are planning to do with it. It is blazing fast. My Turion X2 processor, runs quite fast with 4 Geg, Vista 64. This one is lot better than that i5 proc is at least twice as much faster than mine. BTW, I just tried DV6t with i7, 7 Pro, 6 GB, 500G. It comes around 960.
I agree - i5 is fast enough, but since I was buying a new one, I was looking around for the various specs. I may run some server system software but still i5 should do it fine. How much did you pay for the "2-year service"?
Oh, one side note, 12Cell battery sticks out from the bottom. Look at the picture. It is bit annoying when you keep it on the lap. But it is quite lighter. Good luck.
Which picture dial? Can you point me to it?

Sony Vaio's are the best laptops if you don't drop juice on it. Definately the best in windows.
GUYS WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT , I REPEAT , DONT BUT A HP LAPTOP. Hp packs its laptops with good specs and features but they are gonna start giving you problems . i am saying this with the crappy experience Ive had with HP's .With not just one but 4 hp laptops.Firr i used to think that i get problems coz ' i dont buy the high end ones and get the medium budget 500 ish ones but no.so far i have owned 3 HP laptops the Dv6000 series.all three of them have battery issues, it wont last more than 2-3 mins after u take it off charging.one's D fried so i changed the hd , it worked for about 3 months and then died . this time the motherboard.

GUYS WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT , I REPEAT , DONT BUT A HP LAPTOP. Hp packs its laptops with good specs and features but they are gonna start giving you problems . i am saying this with the crappy experience Ive had with HP's .With not just one but 4 hp laptops.Firr i used to think that i get problems coz ' i dont buy the high end ones and get the medium budget 500 ish ones but no.so far i have owned 3 HP laptops the Dv6000 series.all three of them have battery issues, it wont last more than 2-3 mins after u take it off charging.one's D fried so i changed the hd , it worked for about 3 months and then died . this time the motherboard.
I've been using a HP laptop for the last 5 years. It has had problems but nothing big like you have mentioned. My HDD got fried because of overheating too many times,it makes too much noise and the hinge is broken now...but these are just a few negatives in 5 years of mostly good performance. I am currently looking to buy the dv6 laptop as it is the only sub 1800 laptop that offers a decent graphics card. Besides, the 500ish ones you are talking about is low end and could have come with celeron and other bad parts. I bought a 2000$ high performance desktop replacement and hence the high heat and noise. This time, i am going for a middle range, lower performance, lighter weight laptop and hopefully it wont overheat. Unfortunately, even with hundreds of options, there are very few if you narrow it down to your needs. I ended up with just dell studio and hp pavilion dv6 series after looking for what i want.